Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Do you have before and after pictures to post?

If this is true, I will be shocked. I think it is impossible to reduce your waist size from 41'' to 31'' in 5 months regardless of how old you are. I also think it would take more than losing 40lbs. How tall are you and how much do you currently weigh? I currently have a 36" waist and I think it would have to lose at 20-25lbs. to get back to a 34" waist.
Working out no matter how hard is going to cause the big of a reduction in waist size. How ever coupled with the right weight loss diet it's achieve able. Youd have to work out like a beast of burden but doable.

My SIL went on the Medifast diet lost 100+lbs and 15inchs off her waist in a year. The skin was just hanging of her but damn she did it. It's been two years and I think her total weight loss is about 140lbs and 18 inches.
She works out like a beast now and is getting ready to get some excess skin removed now that everything has adjusted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 04:33 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Working out no matter how hard is going to cause the big of a reduction in waist size. How ever coupled with the right weight loss diet it's achieve able. Youd have to work out like a beast of burden but doable.

My SIL went on the Medifast diet lost 100+lbs and 15inchs off her waist in a year. The skin was just hanging of her but damn she did it. It's been two years and I think her total weight loss is about 140lbs and 18 inches.
She works out like a beast now and is getting ready to get some excess skin removed now that everything has adjusted.
One problem is that anyone who is this much overweight, is not capable of working out "like a beast of burden." This means that they must do most of the weight loss through dieting alone. The vast majority of people who do what your SIL did, do it through a surgical procedure.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:39 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Do you have before and after pictures to post?

If this is true, I will be shocked. I think it is impossible to reduce your waist size from 41'' to 31'' in 5 months regardless of how old you are. I also think it would take more than losing 40lbs. How tall are you and how much do you currently weigh? I currently have a 36" waist and I think it would have to lose at 20-25lbs. to get back to a 34" waist.
Sorry, no pictures.

I am 5'7'' and 140lbs. I went down to 135lbs and felt too skinny, so I changed my routine from fat burning to muscle building. So far I think the weigh gain is from muscle. What did it take to lose the inches?

Eat less: I cut calorie intake by more by half from over 3,000 to 1,500 a day. I cut out simple carbs, sugar, and fats.

Move more: I trained six days a week doing both resistance a cardio. I also walked and did static contractions.

I trained harder than 95% of the people I see in my gym regardless of age. That's what it took.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:08 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Is it possible to lose or get rid of visceral adipose fat tissue that develops around your midsection during menopause without opting for liposuction or hormone replacement therapy. Exercise and pilates or intensive workouts has not help my friend with this sudden weight change or shift of fat on her stomach and my male friend who in his fifties has had a huge gut since the age of 42. He has tried dieting and exercising and has lost weight everywhere except the gut area, he got old man skinny legs. People say eat right and exercise 5 times weekly, but that's not the problem it doesn't work for those problem areas that are affected by hormones and increased cortisol as we age. I haven't approached this age yet but worried. I don't think it's possible to lose the adipose fat tissue.
LOL. If eating healthier, cutting calories, and increasing exercise is NOT working, then someone is telling a little white lie about what they are really doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness