Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 04:11 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,107,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrieros81 View Post
I have problems falling asleep too even a few hours after I finish my workout. I'm going to try experimenting with cold showers, cold drinks, anything to lower my body temperature which could be one of the issues.
I've brought this up in the past, but I really miss having a "24 Hour Fitness" chain around this area.
No matter what sort of shift hours I was working, if I put in 1-3 hours of a workout and dipped into the pool, and then the jacuzzi after, I was guaranteed to get to sleep when I got home.
I don't know if it was the hot water immersion that ultimately worked the "stay awake" out of me after a workout, or if it was chlorine, lol.
A shower just doesn't do the same thing the jacuzzi did either.

No 24 hour steam rooms or Jacuzzis in this town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 07:59 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,253,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I've brought this up in the past, but I really miss having a "24 Hour Fitness" chain around this area.
No matter what sort of shift hours I was working, if I put in 1-3 hours of a workout and dipped into the pool, and then the jacuzzi after, I was guaranteed to get to sleep when I got home.
I don't know if it was the hot water immersion that ultimately worked the "stay awake" out of me after a workout, or if it was chlorine, lol.
A shower just doesn't do the same thing the jacuzzi did either.

No 24 hour steam rooms or Jacuzzis in this town:(
Would probably attract the wrong clientele. I don't think the 24 hour fitness by me in NJ had their pool area with co-ed sauna and steam room open at night.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:34 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Working out late is actually part of my strategy when school is in session: if I lift at around 10pm (worst case scenario 11pm), the insomnia will help me stay up and study until around 2am.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrieros81 View Post
Would probably attract the wrong clientele. I don't think the 24 hour fitness by me in NJ had their pool area with co-ed sauna and steam room open at night.
You'd think with the nearby air force base and late night BNSF crews that this would be a thing.
But I'm guessing the "others" still highly outnumber despite the many, coastal plates I've been seeing around here.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:11 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
I take a magnesium and/or Cal-Mag mineral supplement after working out. It helps

Old 04-15-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I take a magnesium and/or Cal-Mag mineral supplement after working out. It helps
Wanting to restart some sort of workout habit again. If anything, just to keep myself on the healthy side and my CDL-A medical card from having any issues upon renewal. Not looking to get myself looking like a cop or special ops person again.
I started a mix of cardio and weight machine training a week ago and noticed the no-sleep thing still happens. Workout after work in order to not skip it and then I end up not falling asleep until 2-3 hours before I have to go back into work.
I'm beginning to wonder if sleeping pills, or even just a couple shots of some Jim Beam would bring the sleepiness back on.

Losing the gut without losing my job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness