Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:22 PM

130 posts, read 532,608 times

Advertisements

Better erections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 07:33 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Great for reducing my anger. I yell at people a lot less and use all that energy on my workout.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:02 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,631 times
It used to be just about looks for me, but I exercise now also to boost my mood and feel better about myself.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:10 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,251,774 times
I need it for my mental health, not just for physical health. Exercising is fun and enjoyable if you find something you like.

I spent 3 weeks in Europe with my fiancé and granted, we did a fair amount of walking, but not nearly enough to match my regular fitness routine. I was getting pent-up and frustrated at the lack of activity on some days. He said vacation is time to relax and not work out (he doesn't exercise regularly); I said vacation is time to do something you enjoy, not spend hours sitting on a relative's couch.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,226 times
It's my drug...

Old 08-07-2015, 10:17 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
I want to be active when I am old.

I do have some weight loss goals, and eventually I'll get there. Technically exercise could help with that, but that isn't my main reasoning. For this I am lifting weights and working harder.

Exercise helps me with my insomnia. And combat the effects of my desk job. I started biking for errands and the like because it is way less stressful and less annoying than driving. And it is like free exercise! It takes a couple minutes longer, but adds that much more activity to my day. Some destinations, by the time you factor in parking, have shorter travel times on my bike. This light exercise helps with the preventative medicine for getting old.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:01 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,980,836 times
I like to be strong, healthy, flexible, mentally sharp/happy, have good endurance, ward off aging side-effects, and look good naked... Lastly, it feels great to work out.

There's probably other reasons, but those are my top ones.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:17 AM

720 posts, read 500,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
-Looking good in spite cranking out a few kids
-Uninhibited, acrobatic sex
-The ego boost of getting compliments
-More energy
-Finally battling a lifetime of eating disorders: this is my first year without a relapse, because now I have a healthy and positive outlet for exercising strict control over myself
You're one of my favorite posters. Love your honesty.

For me, it's really about the neat little side effects of being shape. More energy, better sleep, general feeling of being healthy and well. Aesthetically? Like people said, it's good to look naked (even though it's my humble opinion I've always looked good naked), but honestly it's important to look good in your clothes. When you have to wear business casual attire every day, it's good if you're in decent shape because it makes wearing slacks, polo shirts, etc. look better and more comfortable.

Being in shape does make sex better but only if you know what you're doing. Having big guns doesn't mean anything if you can hit your target.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:59 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
If I don't keep my back muscles toned up and healthy, my back will go out on me. I have a tricky little disc that likes to bulge. Plus I'm getting old. I need to take care of my body if I want to be mobile till the end.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:27 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,197,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
-Looking good in spite cranking out a few kids
-Uninhibited, acrobatic sex
-The ego boost of getting compliments
-More energy
-Finally battling a lifetime of eating disorders: this is my first year without a relapse, because now I have a healthy and positive outlet for exercising strict control over myself
uninhibited, acrobatic sex....

I have a new e-harmony search/match phrase... thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness