Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 09:07 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,626,720 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite place to train? Gym, Public Park, Fitness Center, Community Center (as in private community), City Community Center, Fitness Studio (aka Zumba Studio, Personal Training Studio etc.) , Home Gym, Cross Fit Center etc? maybe you have more than one place. tell us about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 09:21 AM

7,160 posts, read 9,209,388 times
Outdoors!

Old 08-19-2015, 10:14 AM

4,557 posts, read 5,404,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
What is your favorite place to train?
That totally depends on what I am training on or my workout.

Running - I like to train outdoors on a loop that is same distance of my workout (i.e., 5k loop, 10k loop, etc.)

Martial Arts - either in my dojo/kwoon (with other people) or at night alone shadowboxing and doing forms under the stars and moonlight while wearing a hoodie. Makes me feel very Star Wars' Sith-ish.

Crossfit - at a Crossfit gym of course. The support and motivation from others there absolutely helps to push you to limits you'd never dare go to on your own.

General - at a gym like Equinox. Just if I wanted to "get a workout in". The eye candy at the local Equinox here in Encino is spectacular.

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 08-19-2015 at 11:03 AM..

Old 08-19-2015, 10:25 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,050,177 times
Just the gym. No need to go anywhere else.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:28 AM

45 posts, read 83,835 times
I love to walk briskly and do body weight workouts outdoors.

At home I enjoy lifting weights, doing workout dvd's and using my Pilates Reformer. I love being the only one using my own things on my own time.

Gyms are not for me at all. When I discovered that I actually started to enjoy being active!

Old 08-19-2015, 10:51 AM

506 posts, read 957,720 times
I love to workout at my university's recreation center its "free" as long as I am a student here. Its brand new (only a couple of years old) and has all of the state of the art equipment that any regular commercialized gym would have as well as a extensive weight room with 3 squat racks, loads of free weights and about a dozen or more adjustable benches. It also has an indoor track, 3 full courts for multisport uses, locker rooms, showers and about 4 different bid wooden floor rooms for aerobic classes, yoga, and dance classes.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:45 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,224,281 times
Depends on several external factors. I prefer running outdoors, but the treadmill (ugh) will have to suffice when snow and ice abound. I prefer going to the gym for weight lifting, but when my schedule doesn't allow for it (or during the 10 week sentence at Maternal Penitentiary, aka summer break), I work out at home. One of the companies I'm going to apply to when I graduate has a really nice gym on site, so that would be awesome. If they'll have me.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:46 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,188,203 times
I enjoy going to the local park,,,,and running around,,,,,the trails,,,,

also work out in my basement,,,thats where my equipment is,,

I was a member of planet fitness,,,but its out of the way most days,,had some bad memories,,,,maybe im getting particular in my old age ..

and even when I did show up,,,i had to wait in line for a treadmill,,,nothing like stepping up on someone else treadmill,,,no matter how much they try to clean it,,,body odor seems to linger for 5 minutes....

then mrs chia pet is right beside me,,,,with ear buds in,,,,shaking her head every 3 minutes,,,, im doused in a shower of her sweat,,,,, ,,,I so wanted to pee on the back of her legs,,,,but didn't ..

Old 08-19-2015, 07:47 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,324,104 times
As an avid long distance runner, my favorite place to train is in my mind. I think, people who distance run can relate.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:44 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,829,127 times
I do outdoors at a public park when it is running, sprinting, farmer walks, cardio boot camp, hill & trail stuff. Some parks have specific workout areas with monkey bars, parallel bars, varying height hurdles, cargo net climb, rubber flooring or sand to absorb falls, etc.

Weights are indoors. Machines as in stairs, elliptical are indoors. Fortunately it is the best LA Fitness in Miami.

Exercising outdoors feels much more difficult than indoors in the a/c.[well it is August in Miami] Of course, have been indoors in August when the a/c was broken. It was hellish. Running outdoors in late Nov-Feb is wonderful that cool air is like a ram air effect on the lungs.

I used to do the Total Gym at home and Taeboo as well. It was fun.

No favorites, I could adapt to any location. It has to be done so there it is.

Last edited by Felix C; 08-20-2015 at 08:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness