Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 12:10 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,585,185 times

Advertisements

Hi, history of my running life ran in New Balance, Brooks, and now Altra. Question is I wore Adrenaline GTS with Brooks. Have flat feet by flat been called Flipper, Fred Flintstone feet, Hobbit Feet, the feet where light does not shine under, and other's ha.

Anyways been running in Altra shoes. I normally change my shoes after 400 miles. I been wearing my Lone Peaks 1.0 for 400-600 miles over past 16-18 month's, running motivator tanked for past two year's.

They are showing signs of wear and in need of a new pair. Debating should I purchase a stability shoe. Maybe my shoes are old or in my head or a bit of both, but I been amping my miles up feel my ankles bow or bend inwards or roll. Been running on average 1 mile four to five day's a week. Did about two 3 mile runs goal is to run a half by next April or May.

Appreciate any insight or feedback to be given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 01:39 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,564,764 times
Been running since I was 16 now 52, run 5 to 6 days a week, 5-10 miles .I have this same issue, no arches in my feet, flat footed , so any shoes with no built in arches, I end up wearing the heels down until they angle inward...

I've not found anything that really last, I replace shoes after a year!

Old 08-24-2015, 01:51 PM

18,775 posts, read 27,211,361 times
OP, make sure you have rigid pes planus, not flexible pes planus. If it's flexible pes planus, you'll most benefit from well made custom inserts, no covers, semi rigid materials. I make mine out of Proflex, but I am weird in this respect. You'll need something that has give as your weight progresses on the insert through gate cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness