Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 11:47 PM

19 posts, read 22,281 times

Advertisements

I think of working out alot but only for the reason to look really good for a woman?
Does it make sense to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 02:19 AM

465 posts, read 418,117 times
In my 20s, hell yeah, that was the only reason that I worked out. I lifted weights for women and they noticed big time. I highly recommend it. Word of advice, don't get too big...maintain a good weight and tighten things up...trust me your stock will rise.

Now I lift weights for one woman, The Boss. The Boss loves it. Matter of fact, I am about to hit the gym for The Boss this morning.

Good luck!

Old 09-14-2015, 03:17 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,326 times
Nah, I workout because I enjoy it, it is a form of entertainment.
I used to love running but I wrecked my ankles too many times-starting with a climbing (err falling?) injury. I like to bike, mountain and road and I started lifting again to replace running. I don´t worry about my looks much or health so much, those are byproducts.

I do workout to improve my performance in the sports I participate in.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:41 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Most of the men and women at the gym are working toward the same goal, "The perfect female body".

Personally, working out to merely impress someone is going to the extreme.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:11 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop123 View Post
Ever worked only for the purpose to look really good for a woman/man?
Back in high school I did. But not just for a single woman, I did it to look good to ALL women.

Now that Im older and wiser, I know that working out has many many benefits other than "to just look good".

I see that you started this thread maybe because of another thread you started where you said you finally was able to get some girl to have sex with you, but at the end of the sex she told you that you needed to workout. If she told you this then by all means go ahead and start working out. She told you that probably because she likes you and wants more sex with you but knows it would be better if you worked out. So, hit the gym if you dont want to lose that chick.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:09 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,781,706 times
Sort of...

When I was younger I grew up working very hard physically. I was quite strong and didn't really need any outside form of exercise to have a good physique.

Present day me has a desk job, and ask anyone who has spent a good chunk of their life sitting how it goes when you suddenly become sedentary for the majority of your day. Yeah - not so good. The weight gain wasn't as bad as I might have expected, but I felt horrible that I wasn't nearly as strong as I used to be. Then I had to have back surgery, and that made things worse.

My husband has been my #1 supporter in getting myself active, strong and healthy again. He goes and tries new activities with me, he's always game for something active, he happily collaborates with healthy meals and doesn't bat an eye at spending good money for a pair of workout shoes or quality food. I know that his motivation is not for me to be 'hot' (although I do love the sexual confidence that comes from knowing you're in good shape), but instead for him and I to enjoy a long and active life together. He works out for the same reason. He is a firm believer that life is more enjoyable when your body is physically fit.

So yeah - sometimes when I'm lacking motivation, or life seems to be conspiring to make me miss my workout - I make it happen for him. Because I know how proud he is of me, and I know how sexy he finds my strong and capable body. I often joke that I'm not going to the gym, I'm going to go have 'foreplay' because the man finds me sexiest in a sweaty sports bra.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
I've always been active but I signed up for a gym membership when I was heartbroken. I then got addicted to lifting weights and now I do it because I feel good and look good. I used to have shoulder and back problems and lifting actually helped that area out a lot, so thank you to my ex!

Old 09-18-2015, 11:57 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
In my 20s, hell yeah, that was the only reason that I worked out. I lifted weights for women and they noticed big time. I highly recommend it. Word of advice, don't get too big...maintain a good weight and tighten things up...trust me your stock will rise.
Don't get too big because….?

How big is too big?

Do you realize how hard it is for most people to get even somewhat big without "help"?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:40 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop123 View Post
I think of working out alot but only for the reason to look really good for a woman?
Does it make sense to do this?
Go for it. Nothing wrong with wanting to look good for women. Not saying that it should be your only reason but even if it is, hey as long as the result is positive then good for you.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:22 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
My husband says he's lifting weights to try to look good for me. I've told him I like him however he looks, and if lifting weights feels good to him, then he should do it, but he doesn't need to do it to please me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness