Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 03:47 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,595,790 times

Advertisements

Hit the weights bro.

You've got a decent frame. At 5'7 with the enough training....you could really have a nicer physique in a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 04:01 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,380,281 times
I'm really surprised at the harsh comments about the OP's weight. Yes, he needs to lose weight.. but calling him disgusting may be going too far. If a woman made a similar post and received these responses, there would be an outrage. I guess men are supposed to have a thicker skin?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:14 PM

424 posts, read 426,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
All this fat shaming. What about body acceptance?

If a woman had posted the same style pic and got these responses, people would of lost their mind.
See, you're the type I was talking about in my previous post.

Go away! LOL..I've had it up to here with you twits.

It's not fat shaming. The OP asked a valid question about whether or not we feel he needs to begin losing weight. I answered that yes, he does, if he cares about his health and fitness and wants to enjoy a good quality of life.

Your type, on the other hand, with your treacly woo about acceptance do him no favors. In fact, you do him harm, by not rightfully advising him to take better care of himself. This is thr great irony, as you alleged politically-correct do-gooders are actually performing a public DIS-service.

As a fitness professional I resent that. You would do well not to weigh in on matters in which your knowledge is clearly lacking.

Thank you.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:18 PM

424 posts, read 426,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I'm really surprised at the harsh comments about the OP's weight. Yes, he needs to lose weight.. but calling him disgusting may be going too far. If a woman made a similar post and received these responses, there would be an outrage. I guess men are supposed to have a thicker skin?
If a woman made a similar post I would tell her the same thing and could care less about any outrage that my follow from harmful overly-politically correct folks like you and they guy I just addressed in my previous post. You guys should go get a room and sing a chorus of Kumbaya and eat bon bons or something. Because that way you wouldn't be doing as much harm as you are here when you fail to advise a guy like the OP that he is actually physically hurting himself and endangering his quality of life. Yes...the great irony: it is folks like you who are irresponsible and harmful, not us who are honest and tell it like it is.

Thank you.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:20 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,380,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
If a woman made a similar post I would tell her the same thing and could care less about any outrage that my follow from harmful overly-politically correct folks like you and they guy I just addressed in my previous post. You guys should go get a room and sing a chorus of Kumbaya and eat bon bons or something. Because that way you wouldn't be doing as much harm as you are here when you fail to advise a guy like the OP that he is actually physically hurting himself and endangering his quality of life. Yes...the great irony: it is folks like you who are irresponsible and harmful, not us who are honest and tell it like it is.

Thank you.
Uh no, I'm actually someone who thinks overweight people don't take enough responsibility for their actions. But calling them mean names isn't the proper way to help them lose weight. I believe obese people are endangering their health and probably 99 percent of them could get down to a healthy weight by just cutting their calories and exercising.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,007,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
The guy posted his pic and asked for our advice, i'm not seeing much in the way of harsh comments just realistic suggestions for the guy to lose weight.
Its got nothing to do with gender as most of us would say the same if a woman posted a similar picture.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:37 AM

6,439 posts, read 6,868,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Hit the weights bro.
I've already done that, but I still look a little like the OP.

Big muscles and a big belly.

It's in the diet, something I need to deal with.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,007,509 times
Start an honest food journal and show it to a dietitian and she/he will tell you exactly whats causing your overweight problem..

Old 09-19-2015, 04:54 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,409,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
See, you're the type I was talking about in my previous post.

Go away! LOL..I've had it up to here with you twits.

It's not fat shaming. The OP asked a valid question about whether or not we feel he needs to begin losing weight. I answered that yes, he does, if he cares about his health and fitness and wants to enjoy a good quality of life.

Your type, on the other hand, with your treacly woo about acceptance do him no favors. In fact, you do him harm, by not rightfully advising him to take better care of himself. This is thr great irony, as you alleged politically-correct do-gooders are actually performing a public DIS-service.

As a fitness professional I resent that. You would do well not to weigh in on matters in which your knowledge is clearly lacking.

Thank you.
As a fat guy with close to the same body as OP (48, 6'1", 314lb), I 'weigh in' on such matters quite well.

As a 'fitness professional', you should stay off the internet as trolling the PC crowd is a knowledge you are lacking in.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:35 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,237,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Start an honest food journal and show it to a dietitian and she/he will tell you exactly whats causing your overweight problem..
Hint: it'll be everything you like to eat and drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness