Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 09:56 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,081,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
As I've stated several times, I live in East Asia. Don't see a lot of fatties, here.
You still get internet access. Evidence of fatty hate is abundant online.

Quote:
I see the fatties when I visit the States. I'm not looking for people being nasty, though.
Well, some people definitely are.

Quote:
Perhaps they should deal with it.
Trying to lose weight isn't being exactly helped by having people be downright nasty. Was the fat man who was laughed at and shamed for dancing—to the point where he stopped dancing and looked down dejectedly, was that helping him? Why should he have to deal with that?

Quote:
OK. But, irrelevant to the current issue.

Oh, the irrelevance!
Not really. You brought up that some were saying critical things about Tiegs. I pointed out that she's not been that gracious herself, so... not really feeling sorry for her.

Quote:
Not sure where you are going with any of this. In my 30+ years away from the US but with several yearly trips back, I see an nation of people getting fatter and fatter, and many are obese.
Sure, and maybe treating them like crap (like is done in abundance) is not helping make things better, is it?

Quote:
Why would anyone listen to what the fashion industry has to say about anything?
Well, the fashion industry wants the fatties to know how unacceptable they are, so why isn't that a good thing, according to you? I mean, you're so concerned about the fatties...

Quote:
Let's just call them fat.
So? Call her fat, but BMI charts say she's not "obese," and she doesn't seem like she has trouble getting around and enjoying her life, so maybe the hand-wringing can be focused elsewhere.

Quote:
No idea who she is. Never heard of the fat model the subject of this thread, until I looked at this thread. The model now in SI is fat. She is obese.
Again, BMI charts that I've consulted online say that a size 14 (waist 34"), 201 lb 5'9" woman is "overweight" but not quite "obese." Her measurements and weight may change, but in her recent video interview she claims to be a size 14 (waist 34"), so you can't know for a certainty that she's actually obese.

Quote:
I'm not shaming anyone. I'm concerned for our collective health. Fat is not healthy.
No **** Sherlock. Fat is not healthy, too thin is not healthy, smoking is not healthy, a lot of things are not healthy.

I know I spend every day wringing my hands over seeing some old movie where someone is smoking. Because it's not HEALTHY! Seeing Bogie smoke a cigarette is sending a message! It must be stopped! People can't figure it out for themselves! Just like people are going to see one overweight chick on a magazine cover and all the stigma against fatties goes out the window.

Just don't let fat chicks be beautiful on magazine covers! Problem solved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 09:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,639,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
So you think she is attractive and sexy but if anyone else thinks she's overweight and doesn't look good in a swimsuit or in the picture on the cover of SI, they have an agenda or are in denial, right?
Only if they voice a negative opinion about me. For instance, calling me a fetishist. Being a fetishist implies that something is outside the norm. That normal, well adjusted, classy, intelligent, healthy, well-adjusted... (any of a 1000 positive attributes can be implied here) wont feel that way.
Quote:
You have your opinion, why can't you just accept that other people have different ones?
Can your opinion be expressed without putting some else down?

Old 03-01-2016, 09:58 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,774,316 times
Ref#141
I never said obese. Never. That is a different level of fattiness.

You are telling me what I think after I had said what I think? Come on that is beyond words.

She has a pretty face and nice boobs. I think that is the third or forth instance so stated. I do not like fat thighs, buttocks, or mid-section fat. Cannot stand it.

You were quite clear to me posts ago.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:09 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,363,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
AG is not obese, you are attracted to her and just can't admit it because of social conditioning.
AG may not be clinically obese but in my case, I personally am not attracted to her and it has absolutely nothing to do with social conditioning.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Ref#141
I never said obese. Never. That is a different level of fattiness.
Other people have called her obese a number of times to justify their villification of SI using her as a cover model because they think it sends the wrong message. I was responding to them. This thread is not about you. Nor do i care to explore the different levels of "fattiness" and the words you use to apply to different "levels." Thats for you to enjoy and deal with. Im already aware of your iissus.

Quote:
You are telling me what I think after I had said what I think? Come on that is beyond words.
No clue what this means.

Quote:
She has a pretty face and nice boobs. I think that is the third or forth instance so stated. I do not like fat thighs, buttocks, or mid-section fat. Cannot stand it.
Yet here you going on and on about each part of her body in greater and greater detail. Most people would just move on. But most people aren't obsessed.

Quote:
You were quite clear to me posts ago.
I know. I made it clear. Whatever things you are too afraid to post but want to keep alluding to like its some big deal is your own problem.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
AG may not be clinically obese but in my case, I personally am not attracted to her and it has absolutely nothing to do with social conditioning.
Ok, great. That's nice.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:18 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,774,316 times
Quote:
Other people have called her obese a number of times to justify their villification of SI using her as a cover model because they think it sends the wrong message. I was responding to them. This thread is not about you. Nor do i care to explore the different levels of "fattiness" and the words you use to apply to different "levels." Thats for you to enjoy and deal with. Im already aware of your iissus.

No clue what this means.

Yet here you going on and on about each part of her body in greater and greater detail. Most people would just move on. But most people aren't obsessed.

I know. I made it clear. Whatever things you are too afraid to post but want to keep alluding to like its some big deal is your own problem.
Not about me but you keep on coming back and back and back

Your own statement about my social conditioning. Ridiculous.

Not obsessed. Those points seem to have eluded you. So repeated.

Not afraid. Just keeping with the TOS. My problem? Man look at all of the anger and projection in your posts. It is you who is the Special Person in this exchange.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Not about me but you keep on coming back and back and back[

Your own statement about my social conditioning. Ridiculous.

Not obsessed. Those points seem to have eluded you. So repeated.

Not afraid. Just keeping with the TOS. My problem? Man look at all of the anger and projection in your posts. It is you who is the Special Person in this exchange.
You say something to me I respond back. It is just that simple. You say I have a fetish, I say that is ridiculous. I make a summary judgement about you and you dont like it. And you spend more and more energy to deny it while trying desperately to turn the focus back on me with lame passive aggressive insults. You can dish it out it but you can't take it.

Funny how that works.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:26 AM

28,563 posts, read 18,566,859 times
Quote:
And that's fine and all but she isn't obese. So there's no need for all the preaching. People should just admit they are mad or jealous or upset about her being on the cover instead of trying to use a false medical evaluation as justification for their "concern."
Before saying she is or isn't "obese," I'd wonder about her physical performance level. Vo2 max, resting heart rate, et cetera.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:30 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,081,190 times
I missed this post before.

Quote:
I’m a little sick of terms like “shamer” and “hater” being tossed around every time someone
hears something they don’t like. It’s overused to the point of near meaninglessness.
This is all part of the modern society where you don’t dare call out bad behavior or dare
judge anyone. It’s the reason why parents march into schools to reprimand the teachers
who “dare” to try and discipline their special little snowflakes. It’s the reason why if someone
comments that model looks overweight, they are “fat shaming” and hurting her self esteem.
Where does it stop? Pretty soon, doctors will be accused of “Health Shaming” or your boss
will be accused of “work shaming”.
Look, there's a difference between your mom or your doctor telling you that you need to cut back on your food and walk a little more, and some idiots publicly shaming a fat man for dancing in public and causing him to stop dancing and feel like he's lower than a snake's belly.

"Fat shaming" (like the links I gave) are just people being complete hateful jerks. For no other reason but because they can. There's no excuse for it. It's not okay in any book.

The fat man was getting exercise when he was dancing, and he was laughed at for that. It's not helping.

Quote:
I hate to interject politics into this but that is one of the reasons Donald Trump is gaining traction, people are fed up with this politically correct, overly sensitive society we live in. (Full Disclosure: No, I do not support Donald Trump either) But he started or drew attention to the fact that
this society has become way too sensitive and easily offended.
There seems to be no middle ground, though.

You don't have to get butthurt over your doctor telling you that you need to lose weight, to be able to see that treating a fat guy who is dancing like he's a monster is a horrible, nasty thing to do. People want to cry if they're criticized for being complete jerks to strangers, and complain that it's "political correctness" that is preventing them from "just giving their opinion" when in fact they were rude, ungracious, uncharitable, and aren't helping the person they were talking about (like the fat man dancing, who stopped dancing).

People like that want to hide behind, "But it's not healthy!" and "I was just trying to encourage them to improve themselves!" but it's so much BS. People that are nasty like that do not care about the wellbeing of the people they put down. They say the things they do, in the vicious nasty way they say them, because they can, and because it's fun for them.

Also, one thing I've learned is that incessant "reminders" and "nagging" someone over a bad habit they have does ZERO to help them stop. I've been around people who smoked too much, drank too much, and any sanctimonious harping I may have given them about "it's bad for your health!" was just an annoyance and never encouraged them to quit.

Quitting a bad habit is a complex issue, and any whiff of moral high ground, nagging, reminding people of the obvious ('it's unhealthy!') for the milliionth time, it isn't effective at all.

Quote:
Number one. I grew up in the 70s. Smoking was not seen as that big a deal back then and it
was much more acceptable and part of the culture.
She could read English back then, couldn't she? She could see the warning on the label. She knew.

Quote:
Number Two. It would only be hypocritical if she were shilling for cigarettes NOW. Going back
to what she’s done in the past and has very likely changed her opinion on is just digging up
dirt to make a point with an ad Hominem attack and it is entirely disingenuous.
*Shrug* It's showing that she is not without fault herself. I'm sorry, but I think that putting down a colleague (a fellow model) like that is going to be interpreted as bad form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness