Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 10:28 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times

Advertisements

I never attacked. You did to me. That is the one absolute truth of this exchange.

I think you could fill a textbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 10:33 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I never attacked. You did to me. That is the one absolute truth of this exchange.

I think you could fill a textbook.
No. Your childish views were attacked and you responded with personal ones. Which I totally expected and was prepared for. If you don't have the stomach or fortitude to handle a public internet forum you shouldn't participate.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:43 AM

I was not the one being childish. I actually have been quite reasonable.

Yes, you were prepared,etc. Just as you can rise above the social conditioning most of us who have posted here have and can state facts as they are. I think with that post a few back most here realized you were indeed a Special Person.

The Internet is no different than in vivo regarding dealing with undesirable people.
And no since you have clearly shown what type of person you are I will depart as your conduct has poisoned any position you may have.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I was not the one being childish. I actually have been quite reasonable.

Yes, you were prepared,etc. Just as you can rise above the social conditioning most of us who have posted here have and can state facts as they are. I think with that post a few back most here realized you were indeed a Special Person.

The Internet is no different than in vivo regarding dealing with undesirable people.
And no since you have clearly shown what type of person you are I will depart as your conduct has poisoned any position you may have.
This is a bunch of self aggrandizing nothingness from a person who posted that "everyone would gag" while looking at an SI cover model and that only fat fetishists could find her attractive. But claims not to be childish.

Just dont post anymore. No need for a pointless send off that no one understands.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
This is a bunch of self aggrandizing nothingness from a person who posted that "everyone would gag" while looking at an SI cover model.

Just dont post any more. No need for a silly send off.
A grossly fat SI cover model. But let us not let balance and reason interfere with your proclamations.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
A grossly fat SI cover model. But let us not let balance and reason interfere with your proclamations.
She isn't grossly fat. She wouldn't be there of have ad her career as a model if she were grossly fat. If you find her to be that's cool but yours isn't the be all and end all opinion. Nor is it even shared by a measurable group of people that matter or have any real influence apparently.

Gross people don't make it as models. Period.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:54 AM

I was testing the waters with hyperbole. We agree. Only fat but not grossly so.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
No. I dont think she is fat either. And i already said I dont care about exploring labels with you.

AG is beautiful. Full stop.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:03 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
I remember once on a talk show a Barbara Feldon, a former model turned actor was asked why models were so thin. Feldon who said she was just a naturally thin person said it was originally because the attention was supposed to be on the clothes and not the women who were wearing them. The models were just supposed to be more like walking clothes hangers. Women who bought the clothes weren't expected to be model size.

But somewhere along the line, the models became just as important as the clothes they were modeling. Their stick-like figures were being held up as desirable "looks" for all women to aspire to. As models began to be movie stars, they seemed to have brought the hungry look with them. Prior to that, women in the movies were pretty much normal size. Marilyn Monroe was reported to be a size 12-14 and yet no one ever called her fat.

Now people seem to equate skinny with healthy. So not being skinny is being unhealthy and unattractive or so we are supposed to be conditioned to believe. But, really, unless you know someone's medical history, you can't really know whether or not they are healthy or unhealthy. You can't tell just by a picture in a magazine.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:04 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
To me, this is fat: She's still a very attractive woman, but she is fat:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...1365b3946c.jpg

This is not fat. Curvy, but not fat:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QFVJpHTY94...graham-590.jpg
Now, this is grossly fat:
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/wp...n-very-fat.jpg

Last edited by elnina; 03-02-2016 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: copyrighted. changed to links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness