Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 06:21 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times

Advertisements

The only reason I do workout is so that I can continue drinking as I please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 10:09 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
The only reason I do workout is so that I can continue drinking as I please!
Working out won't protect your liver.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:50 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Cutting for body building?
Pff I'm nowhere near body builder status, I'm just an overweight guy who has been lifting for years. I call it a cut because I'm approaching the diet and workout aspects similar to how a body builder would: lose fat while maximizing lean mass retention. It slows down progress as measured by the number on the scale, but accelerates progress as seen in the mirror. I lean very heavily toward endomorph, so excessive carbs are the enemy. Hence why just a couple beers more than one day a week really feels like it hurts my progress.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:03 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Pff I'm nowhere near body builder status, I'm just an overweight guy who has been lifting for years. I call it a cut because I'm approaching the diet and workout aspects similar to how a body builder would: lose fat while maximizing lean mass retention. It slows down progress as measured by the number on the scale, but accelerates progress as seen in the mirror. I lean very heavily toward endomorph, so excessive carbs are the enemy. Hence why just a couple beers more than one day a week really feels like it hurts my progress.
Gotcha... That's a pretty specific diet is why I 'axted' you. I've been on a 40/30/30 for years but not a body builder. Nothing against body building, I just train for other endeavors.

If I were to body building, I won't lie: I'd juice. Know why people use juice? IT WORKS! If one cycles right.

This poster is not advocating the use of any ped's. Lol

Old 03-02-2016, 02:59 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Working out won't protect your liver.
My liver is fine, thank you!

Old 03-02-2016, 03:02 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Btw everyone, I drink TONS everyday... Black coffee, a s.it ton of water, milk in the morning.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:18 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
At what point would drinking ruin all your efforts of achieving your goals?

I work out 6 days a week and usually tend to stay around 1700-1800 calories with a 40:40:30 macro count. But on days I drink, the calories jump up to around 2200-2500. I usually have about 3-5 liquor drinks (1-2x a week) and then I get hungry/the munchies or hungover and need more carbs/fat than usual. I'm starting to think drinking is ruining my efforts of getting a 6 pack. I'm trying to figure out how much I should cut back so that I can still imbibe but not throw all my efforts down the toilet.
2-3 beers a night and beer is all I drink for the most part, save for a glass of wine now and then. IMHO, beer in moderation, of course, is a lot better than most of the garbage i COULD be consuming.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:20 PM

7,453 posts, read 4,686,150 times
I drink red wine, just a bottle a month. Beer, max of 1 a week.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:47 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
I had an Irish whiskey New Years evening to stay awake and warm. That is it. I do not drink otherwise.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:14 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
I can't speak for anybody else, but I can say that drinking alcohol is definitely counterproductive to my fitness training. I get all bloated and feel like crap the next day. This is not drinking to get drunk either. Over the years, I've gotten a lot more sensitive to alcohol. A glass of wine can give me a killer headache the next day. Beer actually makes me more wired at night than it works as a depressant. I just found that if I want to be, truly, successful with reaching my fitness goals, I have to cut out the drinking, the sweets, the pizza, etc....

When I was younger, I just had to cut back on a couple things here and there, be semi-active, and boom, I was in shape. Now that I am 40, it's an act of congress to get me in shape and keep me there. I gained 3 pounds the other night just watching a Pizza commercial!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness