Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 05:21 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I go to 24 Hr. Fitness and there's plenty of eye candy. It's a small minority of people there who are overweight.

If you go early in the morning, you're more likely to see old retirees. Early evenings are more single hotties. And the 24 Hr. in Glendale is where a lot of strippers and young gay guys go, so serious eye candy for all

To be fair, I live in Denver where there is a very low rate of obesity and high rate of people who are active/work out.
I've been to that one as well and I'm not the "sharpest tool in the shed". What I did like about the amount of trim/fit/attractive people there was that they tended to stick to their own routines and not pass any sort of judgment surprisingly. I attempt to work out at home and get other eating/exercise habits down pat.
But large gyms like 24 Hour have enough equipment and work out areas to where you could either hang out with the cool kids, or just keep to yourself and do your own thing.

As for the small gyms I'm having to contend with where I'm living at for now, it's typically serious body-builders and exercise junkies that take notice of everyone and everything and must chime in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 05:53 PM

589 posts, read 696,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Hm......I always end up seeing people like this at the gym. Maybe it's the gyms I pick. lol
I will never again look down on people who get personal trainers. Apparently, most people need one.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:48 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Hm......I always end up seeing people like this at the gym. Maybe it's the gyms I pick. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxWLzaHrvSU
Wow way to start my day. Lol

Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypothetical101 View Post
The gym is the only place where I go in town where I find an abundant of attractive people (more than usual).

Also, why are most of the hot women in cardio or fitness classes and not in the free weight area? Sometimes, 1 or 2 will pop up in the free weights area, but most of them are all on their cardio machines or in their yoga classes.

I also notice that Lifetime members are usually more attractive than a gym like Snap Fitness or even YMCA.
Well I must say that I understand what you mean. The gym can somewhat dictate the type of members that it gets. I have a gym membership that allows me to go to two different gyms. It was not originally like that but it just turned out that way. Anyway I have noticed that the bigger and more versatle and pricier gym gets a lot of young and well toned women while the other gets a few but not nearly as many. The smaller gym gets more mature and housewife types. As far as the men goes The Bigger gym has way more built and athletic guys than the other one. They are both good.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:14 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I've been to that one as well and I'm not the "sharpest tool in the shed". What I did like about the amount of trim/fit/attractive people there was that they tended to stick to their own routines and not pass any sort of judgment surprisingly. I attempt to work out at home and get other eating/exercise habits down pat.
But large gyms like 24 Hour have enough equipment and work out areas to where you could either hang out with the cool kids, or just keep to yourself and do your own thing.

As for the small gyms I'm having to contend with where I'm living at for now, it's typically serious body-builders and exercise junkies that take notice of everyone and everything and must chime in.
On weekday workouts, I don't have time to mess around. Early morning weekdays, you don't hear much talking. People have to get in, get out, and keep to themselves. Saturday mornings, OTOH, seem to be social hour lol!

Old 03-15-2016, 03:59 AM

440 posts, read 377,719 times
Can you be over 220lbs of muscle and still be considered attractive? Most people say they find them gross.
Not considering the face; only the physique.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:49 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,124,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
Can you be over 220lbs of muscle and still be considered attractive? Most people say they find them gross.
220 is not that big at all.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:12 AM

440 posts, read 377,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
220 is not that big at all.
In the bodybuilding world perhaps, but out there in the ordinary world 220lbs of muscle is a lot.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:57 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,904 times
People who are attractive will excel and push themselves in areas where they already do well in.

Same reason why someone who is ugly will most likely avoid going into a elite social club where everyone is good looking.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:23 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post

For every body type there is someone that will appreciate it so if something makes you happy , why worry?

I know guys that like tall women, short women, chubby women, skinny women...etc.

The best trait that a man or woman can possess to attract a desirable partner is to have confidence in themselves. Confidence is sexy and improves your overall attractiveness no matter what you look like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness