Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 09:53 AM

465 posts, read 607,122 times

Advertisements

[quote=hypothetical101;43274597]The gym is the only place where I go in town where I find an abundant of attractive people (more than usual).

Also, why are most of the hot women in cardio or fitness classes and not in the free weight area? Sometimes, 1 or 2 will pop up in the free weights area, but most of them are all on their cardio machines or in their yoga classes.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:12 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,917,547 times
The answer is obvious. Fit people are attractive. That's in our DNA.

And no amount of fat acceptance or "real men love muh curves" will EVER change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 06:41 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
No, you can have the best body in the world, but if you do not have the face to go with it, it is a no go. A lot of guys have commented to me that they have received more attention from women after regularly working out. In every case, it was because they had gotten leaner in the face, not the muscles, which made them more attractive. As a women, I can tell you that muscles can enhance an already attractive guy's looks. But no, I have never seen an ugly guy get more attractive with bigger muscles.
Perhaps this is true if the guy's face is outright ugly, but your argument doesn't really hold up if the guy's face is merely normal looking. You mean to tell me that most women don't think a very well built dude with a normal face looks much hotter than a normal looking dude with a normal face?

EDIT: OP, you must be going to some odd gym because most gyms are filled with fat and normal people trying and failing to get into shape.

Last edited by hakkarin; 04-24-2016 at 06:50 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 09:06 PM

658 posts, read 721,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
It's pretty simple logic.

Attractive people who know they are attractive don't want to lose those looks. Going to the gym does two things for them. Helps to keep them in shape, which is ultimately attractive to everyone. And the second thing, puts them out there to be admired by others in the gym. Even if these people don't socialize in the gym, it's still a "social thing" in that they're being seen. Kind of like a group of attractive women who go to the club but don't talk to any guys. They like the attention, but they don't go to purposely pick up anyone.

Where as, those who feel less desirable may not feel comfortable in the public setting, especially having to wear workout clothes and sweat and grunt in front of others. The gym I go to, there are attractive, younger women who go. Even a happily married 40 year old guy is going to take notice. But, this is a small gym, so you're not going to get a lot of any group. Plus, I don't go at the most ideal workout times.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I just don't care what people look like. I don't spend my life inspecting the bodies of everyone around me and picking them apart and focusing on them. And you say that being in shape is "attractive to everyone" which is a sweeping statement because I certainly don't look at people around me and say well they're fit so I find them attractive. There are more than enough hideous fit people in the world. If they think they're good looking simple because they're fit well they're delusional.

I don't like being ogled and even when I was a young hot thang I hated it. I'm not an ornament looking for attention and the approval of strangers and never have been. I am cerebral and an intellectual and never found staring at people's bodies to be a good use of my time. I guess I just don't need it. To quote Murray Head, "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

Gyms are for people to work out. I don't get why anyone would go to one to inspect other people and judge them.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:26 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I don't think about who's attractive or not whenever I'm at the gym; it's all business and not there to be judging a beauty pageant.

Me either - I go to work out, not to socialize and not to ogle the other people. As for the OP's question, most likely the people at the gym are there because they care what they look like and want to get or stay healthy and strong.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:49 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,052,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
EDIT: OP, you must be going to some odd gym because most gyms are filled with fat and normal people trying and failing to get into shape.
You're 25 and live in a tiny country and yet....you know this?

Old 04-26-2016, 10:33 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,947,993 times
I have also noticed a lot of attractive men in the gym. It's not about their physique really. They just have naturally gorgeous faces. I'm guessing that they know they look good facially, so they want to improve their body so it goes with their face?

Old 04-27-2016, 06:49 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I have also noticed a lot of attractive men in the gym. It's not about their physique really. They just have naturally gorgeous faces. I'm guessing that they know they look good facially, so they want to improve their body so it goes with their face?
It's worth pointing out that when people get fat their face changes also and not just their body. So of course fit people have better looking faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness