Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:19 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,229 times

Advertisements

I know I shouldn't do it deep deep deep down but I'm considering purchasing pills to reboot my weight loss. I mean on one hand I use protein shakes and bars so are pills really that bad. Last year I lost 51 pounds but this year I'm not sure why but I'm just maintaining. Actually I do know why I'm not continuing to drop pounds. I'm not as motivated. I think if I see more pounds drop soon it'll remotivate me. The brand I'm looking at is called "The Slender Blender". What do y'all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 09:25 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Save your money.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:26 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
I always think fads and crap cause more harm than good long term. Everyone hits a plateau when losing weight, to me it is my body adjusting itself to the lower weight and getting ready to lose more if/when prompted to do so.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:10 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,558,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
I know I shouldn't do it deep deep deep down but I'm considering purchasing pills to reboot my weight loss. I mean on one hand I use protein shakes and bars so are pills really that bad. Last year I lost 51 pounds but this year I'm not sure why but I'm just maintaining. Actually I do know why I'm not continuing to drop pounds. I'm not as motivated. I think if I see more pounds drop soon it'll remotivate me. The brand I'm looking at is called "The Slender Blender". What do y'all think?

OP,

How about changing up you goals for a month or two? Instead of looking at the scale every day, work on a new goal.

How is your balance? My trainer started me with some simple balance tests like how long could I stand on one leg. Two months ago it was only about 3 seconds. He started me on balancing on a rocker board with two feet. I started off with being only able to balance for 12 seconds. Within 6 weeks I was up to 9 minutes! I have recently added balancing on the rocker board while doing bicep curls with 5 lb weights and doing squats while balancing on the rocker board. I could never have imagined doing that 2 months ago! The payoff is that I can now do the sit/rise test (SRT) with a perfect score of 10.

I understand you need to see results to remain motivated, but, maybe just set a new goal for yourself to stay motivated for a few months and then go back to your original goal to lose weight.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:14 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,063 times
I've heard that Bitter Melon Extract can impact carb absorption though I've not used it personally. I'd look into that before I'd ever consider something called "slender blender" or any of the other gimmicky weight loss pills.

I believe there are also some foods that cause carbs to go undigested (if you want something even more natural). I believe green bananas are one item though I'm not 100% on that. GTS.

Personally, I'd just refocus on your eating, making sure you're using the right calorie threshold (it will be less now that you've lost weight) and let it take it's time. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:56 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Please think logically. If ANY pill worked in aiding in weight loss (in a healthy way) they would be front page news and no one would be overweight. Save your money and fix your diet.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:02 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
The best carb blocker is your iron will.....

Old 03-16-2016, 09:12 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
The brand I'm looking at is called "The Slender Blender". What do y'all think?

That junk doesn't work.

If you already know your problem is you are less motivated, do something about it.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:58 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times
The ONLY way to "jump start" your weight loss is to STOP EATING TOO MUCH. I say this as someone who has learned this the hard way. I LOVE food. We all LOVE food. But it makes us fat, if we eat too much. THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL. All the crap that's sold out there only does one thing - makes OTHER people rich.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2DB View Post
I've heard that Bitter Melon Extract can impact carb absorption though I've not used it personally. I'd look into that before I'd ever consider something called "slender blender" or any of the other gimmicky weight loss pills.

I believe there are also some foods that cause carbs to go undigested (if you want something even more natural). I believe green bananas are one item though I'm not 100% on that. GTS.

No, no and no!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness