Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
The research conclusively shows that the most effective way to lose fat is with a combination of caloric reduction, steady state exercise, and resistance training together.
Hard to argue with this.

It may be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to entirely lose your tummy.

Kudos to you for trying, and good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 02:28 PM

434 posts, read 248,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casscass09 View Post
Not when you're constantly told you look to skinny all the time.
People are ******s, I know a bunch of girls who are really healthy, eat well and workput alot, they get called too skinny all the time, theres no winning. You can only "calibrate" you brain so its as close to reality as possible the do what makes u happy.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:09 PM

24 posts, read 29,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
First off, you look great. Love the shape of a woman, especially one who takes a little pride in herself. So, there's that...

Second, I'm sort of in the same boat. Not really outwardly heavy, but little pockets that make me keep my shirt on. Don't like it. But if my goal is Men's Health magazine, I am going to need a photoshop person following me around! I'll send him your way when he's made me perfect as I want to be!

But really, keep doing what you do to take care of yourself. You are beautiful, and we all like seeing pictures of women's tummies!!
Haha, thank you so much!

Old 04-20-2016, 07:42 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
and even if you lose weight chances are it won't come off on the stomach as much as elsewhere. You can't target fat loss, it's not physically possible
You're right that you can't spot reduce, but for the vast majority of people, fat usually comes off in pretty predictable patterns. For women, that is generally the upper torso, lower torso, then lower body.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:36 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
You're right that you can't spot reduce, but for the vast majority of people, fat usually comes off in pretty predictable patterns. For women, that is generally the upper torso, lower torso, then lower body.
All the more reason for the OP NOT to lose anymore weight. She doesn't need to lose it anywhere else, and since she can't spot reduce, she can start building muscle, which will eventually take care of the rest of the excess body fat that she has. She will look 10 times more attractive having built muscle at a higher weight than losing more weight in hopes of losing all the fat off of her tummy.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:12 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
All the more reason for the OP NOT to lose anymore weight. She doesn't need to lose it anywhere else, and since she can't spot reduce, she can start building muscle, which will eventually take care of the rest of the excess body fat that she has. She will look 10 times more attractive having built muscle at a higher weight than losing more weight in hopes of losing all the fat off of her tummy.
A) Since she has already lost the fat in her upper torso, the lower torso is logically going to be the next place it comes off, which is what she wants.

B) Gaining muscle will do nothing to get rid of the fat she already has. In fact, she'll put on more fat doing this.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
For most people fat his lost throughout the body. It is more noticeable for most women in the upper body because they have less fat there to start with. It is not as noticeable in the lower body because there is already a significant amount of fat there and it is not noticed as much in the beginning.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 04-21-2016 at 10:13 AM..

Old 04-21-2016, 09:38 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Gaining muscle will help to reduce fat. It takes a significant amount of energy to gain muscle. This extra energy can create a caloric deficit for body fat reduction. Muscle mass can and is often gained without adding fat mass.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 04-21-2016 at 10:13 AM..

Old 04-21-2016, 09:39 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
For most people fat his lost throughout the body. It is more noticeable for most women in the upper body because they have less fat there to start with. It is not as noticeable in the lower body because there is already a significant amount of fat there and it is not noticed as much in the beginning.
I lose weight from my waist first, and then my butt.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:46 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
A) Since she has already lost the fat in her upper torso, the lower torso is logically going to be the next place it comes off, which is what she wants.

B) Gaining muscle will do nothing to get rid of the fat she already has. In fact, she'll put on more fat doing this.

She will not put on more fat putting on muscle. Muscle and fat are two different things. She would only put on more fat if her diet sucks. And nobody is telling her to go out and have McDonald's everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness