Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 12:27 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
So im doing a challenge to lose my belly for 30 days and im on Day 10 and it is working but its starting to do number on my feet

its mostly the jumping jacks and the high knees. Here is the challenge

30 Jumping jacks
20 High knees
30 Squats
10 Leg Lifts
20 Jumping jacks
10 High Knees
20 Squats
10 Leg lifts
10 Push ups
60 second planks

so im wondering if I cut out the jumping jacks and high knees can I still see results in my tummy area? And just
substitute them for bike riding and walking?? Because I dont want my feet to pain me every week
Your workout is very similar to what we did in my junior high physical education classes in the 1960s. I haven't heard of people doing jumping jacks since the early 1970s.

You would be much better off with lifting weights and a couple abdominal exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Out of everything you have on your list, I see nothing targeting abdominal musculature. Legs are not connected to abdominal muscles, abs are connected to pubis and inguinal ligament and moving legs does very little to abs. This is VERY typical thing I see in my gyum - lifting legs to do abs. Unless you move your PELVIS you actually accomplish very little.
Check any anatomy book, if you think I'm saying things out of this world.
You want to lose fat fast and furious?
1. STOP EATING TOO MUCH
2. STOP EATING FATTENING FOODS that absolutely includes any sweets and soft drinks, foods with starch, like breads, pastas, pizzas and so on. Fat itself, btw, is not really fattening.
3. Start doing cyclic core exercise. Groups of 5-6 exercise, back to back, wrapping around your core completely. 1 minute break, repeat cycle. Start with 4 cycles and go for 5-6 cycles. Do fast 8 repetitions and increase them to 12-15 per exercise. BREATHE, cyclics are very challenging. Do this first thing you cross the gym door.
4. LIMIT SALT Salt retains water in body and makes it look puffy.
5. Limit fluid intake to moderate 1.5 L a day. DO NOT drink right before/during/ 1 hr after exercise as fat cells are fluid storage and you simply replace what was lost with fluid intake.
6. Wear sweat shirt or sweat suite and sweat it out. See 5 for reference
#5 and #6 are worse than just bad advice. I hope nobody actually read this and thought these recommendations made sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 03:46 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
#5 and #6 are worse than just bad advice. I hope nobody actually read this and thought these recommendations made sense.
Yeah, that was just weird.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:47 AM

421 posts, read 423,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Out of everything you have on your list, I see nothing targeting abdominal musculature. Legs are not connected to abdominal muscles, abs are connected to pubis and inguinal ligament and moving legs does very little to abs. This is VERY typical thing I see in my gyum - lifting legs to do abs. Unless you move your PELVIS you actually accomplish very little.
Check any anatomy book, if you think I'm saying things out of this world.
You want to lose fat fast and furious?
1. STOP EATING TOO MUCH
2. STOP EATING FATTENING FOODS that absolutely includes any sweets and soft drinks, foods with starch, like breads, pastas, pizzas and so on. Fat itself, btw, is not really fattening.
3. Start doing cyclic core exercise. Groups of 5-6 exercise, back to back, wrapping around your core completely. 1 minute break, repeat cycle. Start with 4 cycles and go for 5-6 cycles. Do fast 8 repetitions and increase them to 12-15 per exercise. BREATHE, cyclics are very challenging. Do this first thing you cross the gym door.
4. LIMIT SALT Salt retains water in body and makes it look puffy.
5. Limit fluid intake to moderate 1.5 L a day. DO NOT drink right before/during/ 1 hr after exercise as fat cells are fluid storage and you simply replace what was lost with fluid intake.
6. Wear sweat shirt or sweat suite and sweat it out. See 5 for reference.
I think #5 is wrong..
No water causes dehydration issue.
Need to drink at least some water even during exercise....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness