Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 05:44 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
Yep, especially when said poster provides nonsense in support of his viewpoints (I'm guessing you didn't even read your sources). And, of course, a nice dodge and deflect on the evidence that debunks you. Why am I not surprised.
What are these sources "I've posted" that you are referencing? I've not posted any "sources" so much as suggest you, the OP, are the latest of many to initiate a discussion that is little more than a thinly veiled opportunity to say, "I'm smarter than everyone else."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 05:46 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,164 times
View PostUnread Today, 04:44 PM

This message is hidden because Just A Guy is on your ignore list.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
What are these sources "I've posted" that you are referencing? I've not posted any "sources" so much as suggest you, the OP, are the latest of many to initiate a discussion that is little more than a thinly veiled opportunity to say, "I'm smarter than everyone else."
Oh, my apologies. I actually thought you were eqttrdr. So even better, you've posted nothing but an opinion. Wow...solid! I can totally see why HC supports you.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Oh, my apologies. I actually thought you were eqttrdr. So even better, you've posted nothing but an opinion. Wow...solid!
Much like you. The difference is I actually am aware what I've posted is just an opinion.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Much like you. The difference is I actually am aware what I've posted is just an opinion.
Yes, I'll make NSCA know about this and the studies that support their article. Priceless. Why do I bother. Think I'll go enjoy my holiday. This is an exercise in futility.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'll make NSCA know about this and the studies that support their article. Priceless. Why do I bother. Think I'll go enjoy my holiday. This is an exercise in futility.
It was a solid article, most of which I agree with. Where it's still opinion is the absurd notion it's universal.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:23 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Stretch Before Exercise? Not So Fast. | BU Today | Boston University

None the less, if I feel tight I will stretch before hand. I find I constantly adjust how I work out depending on how I feel.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-02-2016, 07:24 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
This is an exercise in futility.

Bwahahahhaa!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-02-2016, 08:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
I'm seen plenty of wacky and dangerous things over the years working at gyms. But I am constantly bewildered when I walk into the two gyms I work at and see so many muscle bound people that just walk in and can't wait to go into a routine, doing no warm up at all for their bodies (i.e. foam rolling, active stretches). And then they scratch their heads when they strain something.
Anyone with a proper lifting program will incorporate warm up sets into their routine. You probably just do not notice this.

The need for foam rolling, active stretching, etc, is just BS; do those things after the workout, not before.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:39 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Anyone with a proper lifting program will incorporate warm up sets into their routine. You probably just do not notice this.

The need for foam rolling, active stretching, etc, is just BS; do those things after the workout, not before.
Exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness