Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:55 AM

857 posts, read 844,463 times

Advertisements

Never done OT but have done HIIT. Been doing CrossFit for the last couple of years and would consider that a great all around workout. Of course that depends on the knowledge of the staff - which is reflected in programming, coaching, etc. but nevertheless I cannot say anything bad about a couple of boxes I have belonged to thus far. You get strength and cardio training - taxing various metabolic pathways with every single workout. To me, from what I know at least about OT, that program lacks the strength aspect. x2 on what Hooligan said above about people of various ages, capabilities, etc. doing the same workout (some scaling up or down of course) and suffering the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 09:09 AM

2,740 posts, read 1,339,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Thanks guys for your input. Reps from OTF stopped by my job the other day and I found myself intrigued by their presentation, particularly "keeping things in the orange zone" and EPOC/afterburn effect. I'm not interested in OTF for weight loss purposes but for more of a cardio reboot. I get bored with cardio pretty quickly so I thought OTF and similar HIIT workouts would spice things up a little. Seems like they are pretty pricey and I'd still have to join a gym to have my other (strength) needs met. I've progressed nicely with weight training and that's really my focus so i'm thinking maybe OTF is not for me.
You're exactly right! I'm a member of OTF. It is pricey and it doesn't focus on weight training. Weight training is a small portion of the class.

Good for you in your weight training!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness