Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 09:05 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times

Advertisements

So usually I do 3 lifting days. Legs/Abs/Back; Chest/Shoulder/Triceps/Biceps/Abs; Legs/Abs. Usually run 4 to 5 times a week. Do the eliptical for 30 minutes twice a week. Ride the stationery bike for 30 minutes four times a week.

Question haven't been consistent with lifting schedules and energy levels low. Lifted twice last week and probably only once this week. You think I'll lose anything or should be okay to pick up again next week?

Plan to lift Friday. Then Sunday, Tuesday, and Saturday next week plan to lift. Then running Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Riding the bike Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Think I should be good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 12:28 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,825,744 times
Sounds like overtraining. You say energy levels are low but you want to increase training? Doesn't make sense. Also depends on fitness, age and goals. If you are trying to build muscle then it will never happen with all that cardio

Old 10-06-2016, 02:36 AM

67 posts, read 41,318 times
I cross train 2 times per week and run 3-4 times per week. I do not run on off days... if I'm running it's not considered an off day is it?
I have no problem with soreness. If your running or cross training is making you sore, then you are over doing it and likely over training. You need to scale back the intensity.

Now if you are talking about weight lifting, that's for another section. Even if you are weight lifting, you shouldn't be so sore it's causing you a problem on your off days. If you are you are lifting too much weight and it's going to result in injury.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:02 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
What are your goals, OP?

I agree with Ryan, if you're trying to increase strength and/or muscle size, you're likely sabotaging those efforts with the amount of cardio you're doing.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:52 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Sounds like overtraining. You say energy levels are low but you want to increase training? Doesn't make sense. Also depends on fitness, age and goals. If you are trying to build muscle then it will never happen with all that cardio
This.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:10 PM

64 posts, read 66,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
So usually I do 3 lifting days. Legs/Abs/Back; Chest/Shoulder/Triceps/Biceps/Abs; Legs/Abs. Usually run 4 to 5 times a week. Do the eliptical for 30 minutes twice a week. Ride the stationery bike for 30 minutes four times a week.

Question haven't been consistent with lifting schedules and energy levels low. Lifted twice last week and probably only once this week. You think I'll lose anything or should be okay to pick up again next week?

Plan to lift Friday. Then Sunday, Tuesday, and Saturday next week plan to lift. Then running Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Riding the bike Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Think I should be good?
I change it up all the time. I just make a rule for myself to sweat everyday.

I'll spend a few months training a certain body part extra hard, last 3-4 months I spent running and getting my DL to 4 plates. Now I'm using the stair climber thing for cardio and focusing hardest on bench!

I still do a PPL but I add more volume to the lifts I want to see progress on. If you miss a day here and there it don't matter, diet is the biggest thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness