Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 11:11 AM

762 posts, read 610,443 times

Advertisements

There's a Crunch opening up 1 mile from me that I pre enrolled at. Got a great deal $28 for 18 months with no enrollment or annual fee. It includes those massage beds and stand up tanning beds (yes I know tanning is bad and about skin cancer).

What order do you do those things in? Tan, work out, shower? Workout, shower, tan? I'm just wondering because my hair takes forever to blow dry and don't want to be at a gym all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 10:27 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,041 times
So don't tan. Its stupid. You are killing yourself for a fake tan. If you must be tan spray it on instead.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:53 AM

3,167 posts, read 3,999,691 times
I don't think it matters. In any case, I used to tan a lot, and I can't believe I was so stupid. Now I'm fifty, and almost overnight all the sun damage showed up, and let me tell you, it's not pretty.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:59 AM

Thank you both for not addressing my question

Old 10-09-2016, 12:01 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
Thank you both for not addressing my question
The question wasn't worth addressing.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
The question wasn't worth addressing.
Then don't respond...

Old 10-09-2016, 03:18 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Do yourself a favor and get at least 5 months or so of an annual break from sun-tanning, over the winter. I worked for many years at a fitness club and saw the people who came every day to tan on the machines. Some of them would slip in for two sessions a day (which was supposed to not be allowed). They had deep tans year-round and I can't remember any of them doing any exercising. They seemed to have no regard for their health, much like those who smoke or use addictive drugs. I can just imagine their wrinkled, leathery skins today, if they haven't died from skin cancer. One of them has been a well-known TV celebrity for a long time and contrary to my general predictions, doesn't seem to show any ill-effects. Do you think you'd be one of the lucky survivors, like her?

Old 10-09-2016, 03:44 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,094,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
There's a Crunch opening up 1 mile from me that I pre enrolled at. Got a great deal $28 for 18 months with no enrollment or annual fee. It includes those massage beds and stand up tanning beds (yes I know tanning is bad and about skin cancer).

What order do you do those things in? Tan, work out, shower? Workout, shower, tan? I'm just wondering because my hair takes forever to blow dry and don't want to be at a gym all day.
Workout, tan, shower.

Why are you washing your hair at the gym?

Keep your cardio for the days you don't have to be anywhere. Like on the way home from work during the week.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:02 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
Workout, shower & don't tan. Living in Florida I've seen the horrible effects of people who get too much sun, whether it's outdoors or tanning beds. My friend in NC who used to tan every other day eventually bought her own tanning bed. She is 16 years younger than me and looks older than I do. I spend very little time in the sun. I use a self tanner on my legs so they aren't too white in the summer.

My hair takes a long time to dry also and I used to go every other day to the gym so I washed my hair on the days I didn't go.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:38 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
I believe in getting sensible sun-time. In other words, I live in Florida, and ride my bike outside for about an hour several days per week. This allows me to get my natural Vitamin D, but only enough for a light golden tan. OP, just get your sensible sun the natural way, it's a lot healthier and don't overdo it. Like most things in life, a small amount of something is good for you while too much is destructive. Tanning for tanning sake is not good for you, but if you like the look of tan, just get some the natural way, and augment it with self tanner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness