Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 12:13 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times

Advertisements

I've seen a few fitness videos, some good some bad. I've seen at least one where potentially unsafe moves were demonstrated, with no warning that they may not be suitable for certain people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 01:25 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
It's called the fitness industry, not the fatness industry, boyo
At what bodyfat % do you consider someone to be too fat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I've seen a few fitness videos, some good some bad. I've seen at least one where potentially unsafe moves were demonstrated, with no warning that they may not be suitable for certain people.
Do you know what video or youtuber made it?

Old 10-22-2016, 02:38 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,917,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
At what bodyfat % do you consider someone to be too fat?
At whatever % makes you look like you are pregnant (like Rippetoe)

Old 10-23-2016, 08:10 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Rippetoe's credentials and coaching accomplishments speak for themselves. Glenn Pendlay is a long way from shredded, too, but he knows a lot more about strength training and coaching than anyone posting here, or most anywhere else for that matter.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
1. Jason Blaha is one of the worst people on Earth.

2. Steroids are awesome.

3. If you're getting advice from YouTube personalities without independent verification, you deserve whatever you get.

Anything else, sunshine?

Also pretty much this.

Newsflash, don't listen to someone who has a Youtube channel and nothing else to their credit. This ain't rocket surgery.

Hakkarin were you not the one on here lauding those two twins with the Youtube channel and no other credentials, not that long ago? Now you're on here saying don't trust Youtube celebrities. Make up your mind, hoss.

You're the walking definition of confirmation bias.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:08 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Most of the strength coaches for NFL teams are not impressive looking, for whatever that's worth.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:16 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Hakkarin were you not the one on here lauding those two twins with the Youtube channel and no other credentials, not that long ago? Now you're on here saying don't trust Youtube celebrities. Make up your mind, hoss.

You're the walking definition of confirmation bias.
I agreed with them on the exact point they made on that exact video, this doesn't mean I also agree with everything else they say. I just posted their video because I agreed with the point they made during it.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:42 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,076 times
For training advice, I trust actual strength & conditioning coaches, and those experienced in that field. Bodybuilders and fitness models will most of the time NOT give great advice in that department. Frankly I wouldn't trust them with diet advice either unless I was prepping for a physique competition. Which I have no interest in ever doing.

People also need to stop giving Hakkarin so much crap. You can endorse a video or a point someone made without endorsing every single other thing that person has ever said. Sheesh. Blaha actually does have some quality content.

It doesn't mean you have to believe he was a former CIA assassin, martial arts master, ace target shooter, mercenary, owned his own steroid lab, or was abducted by a reptilian alien race.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:02 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
I don't like people who fabricate their past, especially in regards to military/government duty. I believe he lied or exaggerated claims about him being a CIA agent or spec ops operative.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:06 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Posts like this is why I don't respect the fitness community. So he isn't shredded, so what? He is still 10x stronger than the typical person.
He's stronger than most men but I wouldn't go that far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness