Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:57 PM

4,542 posts, read 5,368,415 times

Advertisements

I have always preferred to workout alone doing my own thing, but classes can be fun.

In order of what I have found to be the best combo of being both FUN and EFFECTIVE, I rank the classes I have experienced as follows:

#1. Crossfit - Great workout and the motivation factor with all others in class is flat out off the charts. Nothing else comes close.

#2. Vinyasa Yoga - When led by a really good instructor/yogi these classes are spectacular. You leave feeling not only better about yourself, but also about the world/univers.

#3. Spin classes - incredible workout, fun music, great people usually as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 06:19 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,319,270 times
Les Mills Body Pump is a good class for strength training.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:15 PM

343 posts, read 315,215 times
I have fallen in love with Buti Yoga recently, I also take a weekly belly dance class. zumba is fun too!

Old 12-21-2016, 04:14 PM

622 posts, read 394,429 times
Hoop dancing is my favorite.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:10 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,915,217 times
I'm resurrecting this thread with some thoughts about these group classes. I have worked out solo for years and have gotten mind numbingly bored of it. I joined a gym a couple of months ago and did group workouts only. My motivation came back, but I couldn't stick with that gym due to high cost. So now I'm working out at a more economical gym that has a lot of Les Mills classes, Pi-Yo, and Metafit classes. I am thinking of trying Camp Gladiator for another group experience. It's nice having an instructor and other exercisers there to motivate and push you. I did the Body Pump for the first time yesterday. The music was great! Has anyone tried the Les Mills or Camp Gladiator classes? What did you think?

Old 03-13-2018, 10:49 AM

713 posts, read 552,953 times
I like classes that combine cardio with hand weights.

I also enjoy barre classes.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:10 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,578,207 times
For me it's running & lightweights ~ I'm a klutz and not real coordinated and I don't follow along well~~ I'm that person going right when your suppose be going left..~ "Hey I'll give you a great laugh!"...

Old 03-13-2018, 02:17 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,335,022 times
Been doing this class three times a week for about a year and have found good results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2bZd_Xqro

Old 03-14-2018, 07:57 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,643,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread with some thoughts about these group classes. I have worked out solo for years and have gotten mind numbingly bored of it. I joined a gym a couple of months ago and did group workouts only. My motivation came back, but I couldn't stick with that gym due to high cost. So now I'm working out at a more economical gym that has a lot of Les Mills classes, Pi-Yo, and Metafit classes. I am thinking of trying Camp Gladiator for another group experience. It's nice having an instructor and other exercisers there to motivate and push you. I did the Body Pump for the first time yesterday. The music was great! Has anyone tried the Les Mills or Camp Gladiator classes? What did you think?
I -heart- Camp Gladiator. I work out with the founder's baby brother and he is amazing. I'm one of those people that tries to go six times a week and it's tough, but if you need/want the motivation of a group it's a great place.It can be pricey, but talk to them about corporate discounts and see if you can get some people on board at work to get get that discount. The monthly deals are pretty good, I believe the next cycle is $20 if you hit the 12 check ins. If you workout for yourself and for the peace and quiet of it all t's not a good class, though. Body Pump would be better since you get your stuff, watch the instructor and go home. I will mix in some BP with my CG every once in a while.

I'll also add I love Barre classes as well. It's a nice change from the high impact of some of my CG trainers.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:23 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,915,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I -heart- Camp Gladiator. I work out with the founder's baby brother and he is amazing. I'm one of those people that tries to go six times a week and it's tough, but if you need/want the motivation of a group it's a great place.It can be pricey, but talk to them about corporate discounts and see if you can get some people on board at work to get get that discount. The monthly deals are pretty good, I believe the next cycle is $20 if you hit the 12 check ins. If you workout for yourself and for the peace and quiet of it all t's not a good class, though. Body Pump would be better since you get your stuff, watch the instructor and go home. I will mix in some BP with my CG every once in a while.

I'll also add I love Barre classes as well. It's a nice change from the high impact of some of my CG trainers.
So I attended a few of the Les Mills classes (Body Pump, Body Flow, and a different class called MetaFit) and I don't they are for me, which is too bad because the people at that gym are the best! Unfortunately, they only offer those types of group classes. I have only done two Body Pump classes but I don't like the repetitive, choreographed quality, and I heard they don't change routines often. I can see myself outgrowing it quickly, especially since I like tough routines. I think I'll try Camp Gladiator. From what I read, it sounds like my style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness