Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:11 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This only seems amazing to you, because you have an out-dated image of what 50-yr-old women look like. However, it's common to be slim like her. The key isn't all her exercising. The key is that she hasn't gone through menopause yet. Revisit her in about 6 years, and see what she looks like. Unless she's on hormone replacement, the chances are that she'll look quite different.
Really? I went through menopause around 50. Not much has changed with me. Still wearing the same stuff, still working out, etc. And no hormones, ever. I know lots of women that could say the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 10:32 PM

195 posts, read 161,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Exactly. I am 67, I belly dance, ballroom dance, tap dance, cycle and strength train. I do think I am almost as fit as that woman and my boobs are natural. Her stomach is a lot better than mine, but that is because I did lose 55 lbs after age 60, and I have loose skin there. Still, like ChessieMom above I wear a bikini and have no problem wearing belly dance costumes. I have many friends between 55 and 70 that look fantastic - they are yoga and zumba instructors, belly dancers. or just people that are in the health and fitness business. The area that I live is very health and fitness oriented. That woman just looks totally average to me.

Totally agree, 50 is nowhere what it used to be, and neither is 60 (or in many cases 70!)
Really? First off, how can you tell she has fake boobs? Also, I seriously doubt that many women 50+ looks as good as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fijt_ytR_0w

https://youtu.be/7tmcvEch4mQ?t=6m39s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQtzZgQq1c

She looks AMAZING!!!!

And for the record, she has had two children.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:38 PM

269 posts, read 246,815 times
I think this woman loves working out and the attention it brings her.

Some of the fittest people I've known are the most miserable. One of my extremely fit friends pushing 50 just killed herself in November. Other fitness obsessed people I've know drop dead in their 60's.

Yes, this woman looks amazing, but so what?

Old 01-21-2017, 12:46 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,115,529 times
I'm a 48 year old guy and I still look and act youthful, too. Not like Molly Ringwald, - man, did she age a lot! I go around by bike for transportation often and that gives me an ok workout. In fact, I still sometimes BMX Freestyle when I have the time.

Oh, and with makeup a woman can do wonders with her appearance!

Old 01-21-2017, 02:16 AM

195 posts, read 161,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMaeB View Post
I think this woman loves working out and the attention it brings her.

Some of the fittest people I've known are the most miserable. One of my extremely fit friends pushing 50 just killed herself in November. Other fitness obsessed people I've know drop dead in their 60's.

Yes, this woman looks amazing, but so what?
Just another jealous woman.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:27 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
I'm female and i chose not to click on a link showing me a woman working out in a bikini.
Why's it got to be about"ladies"? It's a good lesson for anyone to keep your body healthy. The extreme activities like flipping truck tires isn't necessary, but if that's your thing, go for it.
Men need to look in the mirror before criticizng any woman.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:16 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Really? I went through menopause around 50. Not much has changed with me. Still wearing the same stuff, still working out, etc. And no hormones, ever. I know lots of women that could say the same thing.
Same here. I went through menopause 20 years ago, no hormones, and while I did gain weight when I went through a period of high stress and depression (that was not related) I lost it again, wear some same clothes I had when I was in my 30s.

And to Fratrock - I don't really care what you think. You asked what WE thought (the ladies here). You seem obsessed with posting the nude-almost nude photos of that woman (which should not be allowed here). My body looks about the same as the last one you posted, but sorry I will not be posting that here for obvious reasons.

Again, I know many women WAY over 50 who look just as good. And they don't all work out quite as hard as her, either.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:24 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,916,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Um, I think it's pretty unspectacular. I wear a bikini, and I'm long past 50. I run/workout most days. So yeah...it's normal for me. And for a whole lot of other women too. 50 is not what it used to be.
Pics or it didn't happen

Old 01-21-2017, 07:42 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,230,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Really? First off, how can you tell she has fake boobs?
They are obvious implants. This is even moreso obvious due to her low body fat. You can see that they are even starting to look "spread apart", which is not uncommon with implants with very low body fat. It's not necessarily a complication, but for women who keep a very low body fat, implants will begin to look very obvious (if she gained 10-20lbs, it wouldn't be).

She clearly works hard and watches what she eats, and that's fantastic.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:50 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
She is in terrific shape but still looks fifty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness