Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,255,729 times

Advertisements

so i've always had a very straight up and down figure with broad shoulders. since working out for the past two years, my upper body has responded a lot quicker than my lower body. i have long skinny legs so i think it takes longer for them to grow. i'm feeling a *little* out of proportion so i wanted to change my routine a bit -

i'm going to do 2 leg days per week now and i want to cut back on some of the "back widening" exercises but not 100% sure which ones those are exactly. i still want to do some back work to get defined but not to get wider, if that makes sense.

i'm thinking i should avoid wide grip lat pulldowns and bent over rows (barbell and dumbbell).

my back day would then look like this-
deadlifts (heavy, low rep)
close grip lat pulldowns
seated cable row (wide grip)
face pulls
2 bicep isolation exercises.

any thoughts? FYI not going to avoid these forever, i just wanted to try to get my lower body to catch up a little bit to my upper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 06:28 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,818 times
Edit: misread the question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness