Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:08 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

this isnt rocket science, if you are underweight you need to eat more.

exercise isnt rocket science either. i have pretty much done the same 4 day split (usually 5 days a week) for the past 17 years. is it the perfect routine? nope. but its something that i keep doing every week (except vacations) for the last 17 years and its simple enough to do 5 days a week or so.

its just about consistency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 06:07 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Well, if I did my math right, you are 20 kilos underweight, which is 44lb.
That may be reasonable to consider to add a few pounds.
But my question is - why? What for? So you look the way you look. OK. Yes, it is a different standard for a male in human minds, since Twiggie times are long gone.
I get it.
But why? Key word is - healthy. So who gives? Be healthy. Enjoy good metabolism. You will start putting weight naturally after 25-27 anyway. So you'll round up a bit.
But why bother? I mean - do general health routines, a mix of cardio and weights, without any particular goal in mind. Just to stay fit. That's about it. Why bother?
As when you will make a major effort to gain weight, you WILL damage your body. Your body is what it is and you are blessed. So you want blessings or you want obsession and ruined advanced age?
Be what you ARE. Honestly.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Well, if I did my math right, you are 20 kilos underweight, which is 44lb.
That may be reasonable to consider to add a few pounds.
But my question is - why? What for? So you look the way you look. OK. Yes, it is a different standard for a male in human minds, since Twiggie times are long gone.
I get it.
But why? Key word is - healthy. So who gives? Be healthy. Enjoy good metabolism. You will start putting weight naturally after 25-27 anyway. So you'll round up a bit.
But why bother? I mean - do general health routines, a mix of cardio and weights, without any particular goal in mind. Just to stay fit. That's about it. Why bother?
As when you will make a major effort to gain weight, you WILL damage your body. Your body is what it is and you are blessed. So you want blessings or you want obsession and ruined advanced age?
Be what you ARE. Honestly.
First, how did you calculate that he is "20 kilos underweight, which is 44lb?" I previously stated that according to the low range of the BMI chart, that he needed to gain 19 lbs. to be in the low end of the normal range.

Many people want to change their body for personal reasons such as self confidence. It can be done and there is nothing unhealthy. Explain to me how increasing his weight to 129 lbs. by lifting weights and increasing his food intake will damage his body?

A male who is 5'10" and 110 lbs. is frail. Many people will view him as having a medical condition and it may hurt his career prospects. Most males can add 20 to 30 lbs. of muscle and greatly increase their self confidence. I've seen it numerous times. Your recommendations have no basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness