Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 09:43 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
That is quite the trick JONOV: getting a different userid attached to someone's quoted text. I suppose I should have specified U.S. wrestlers, but I didn't really think to do so, because, the question was rhetorical. Obviously. So... it doesn't appear that there is anything to this. If you are using anabolic steroids your issues are mainly legal and/or directly related to the quality and safety of your products rather than any intrinsic damaging effects of the steroids themselves. I knew that.
Nobody is going to justify your steroid use. That's up to you to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 02:26 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
I'm scared of anything that can shrink testicles and cause gynomastia.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:27 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
They died from heart attacks not overdoses. What's your excuse for kimbo slice dying?
Kimbo died from heart failure and was awaiting a transplant. And yes he used steroids. But that's not enough to link the two and certainly not enough evidence to say anyone that uses steroids is going to die from heart failure. I don't have a personal vested interest in steroids but my common sense still tells me that millions of people have and do use steroids and maybe a 100 have died young from heart failure. There is not enough actual scientific study on the subject for anyone to make any conclusions but if they did a study and showed that less then 1% of chronic steroid users died from heart attack before the age of 50 then that wouldn't be a strong argument against steroids. And common sense tells me that the percentage probably would be about 1% or less based on the amount of users and the amount of deaths. And did the people that died of heart attacks smoke, drink, use other illegal or legal drugs, how was their diet, how much cardio/conditioning did they do, how was their family history/genetics? etc etc There are just way too many factors to demonize one thing

Old 08-31-2017, 05:28 PM

696 posts, read 904,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Kimbo died from heart failure and was awaiting a transplant. And yes he used steroids. But that's not enough to link the two and certainly not enough evidence to say anyone that uses steroids is going to die from heart failure. I don't have a personal vested interest in steroids but my common sense still tells me that millions of people have and do use steroids and maybe a 100 have died young from heart failure. There is not enough actual scientific study on the subject for anyone to make any conclusions but if they did a study and showed that less then 1% of chronic steroid users died from heart attack before the age of 50 then that wouldn't be a strong argument against steroids. And common sense tells me that the percentage probably would be about 1% or less based on the amount of users and the amount of deaths. And did the people that died of heart attacks smoke, drink, use other illegal or legal drugs, how was their diet, how much cardio/conditioning did they do, how was their family history/genetics? etc etc There are just way too many factors to demonize one thing
Athletes die of heart attacks all the time and it doesn't make the news, even kimbos death hardly got any news coverage. How many ex-college athletes who used steroids passed away from heart attacks? Many I am sure. There are many studies showing steroids cause heart enlargement and left ventricle heart failure and I am sure you can google it.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:17 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Anabolic steroids don't really work until they've accomplished chemical castration. Most effects seen by the more casual users are due to the placebo affect: the user trains harder thinking he's under the influence of some magic drug.
Steroids a "placebo????" LOL!!!!! I guess it was chicken breasts that got the Jay Cutlers and Ronnie Colemans of the world looking so freakishly huge.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Steroids a "placebo????" LOL!!!!! I guess it was chicken breasts that got the Jay Cutlers and Ronnie Colemans of the world looking so freakishly huge.
I think it was the Creatine and Whey Protein Powder actually...

Old 09-01-2017, 02:21 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
Don't forget the NEGATIVE effect of chronic exercise and under-recovery on heart health, as well as liver health and overall well-being. People just assume athletes are healthy because "they just must be". But chronic over-exercise can compromise your health.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:24 PM

Don't forget the NEGATIVE effect of chronic exercise and under-recovery on heart health, as well as liver health and overall well-being. People just assume athletes are healthy because "they just must be". But chronic over-exercise can compromise your health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I'm scared of anything that can shrink testicles and cause gynomastia.
Taking a DHT-based steroid (or plain old DHT) might very well do the opposite.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:35 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post

Taking a DHT-based steroid (or plain old DHT) might very well do the opposite.
After browsing around the roids forum, it seems like you need to take one drug to offset the side effects of another and then something else to fix any problems that might create...and on and on. Muscles aren't really that important to me. Gotta wonder what percentage of steroid users suffer from bigorexia. A lot of machismo surrounds bodybuilding and athletics so obviously those that have it aren't looked at and treated the same as females with anorexia.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
After browsing around the roids forum, it seems like you need to take one drug to offset the side effects of another and then something else to fix any problems that might create...and on and on. Muscles aren't really that important to me. Gotta wonder what percentage of steroid users suffer from bigorexia. A lot of machismo surrounds bodybuilding and athletics so obviously those that have it aren't looked at and treated the same as females with anorexia.
Yeah, it's definitely under-diagnosed, even in people that don't do steroids.

I wouldn't use that as a sweeping generalization of steroid users on that reason alone, because:

1. Some people just like to geek out on this stuff. These are the ones that end up getting degrees in molecular biology and never use it XD

2. A lot of people are in it for androgenic (masculinizing) effects, not anabolic (muscle-building) effects. Similar insecurities may lie underneath, but to some it's more about being sexy than disgustingly huge.

3. In a sea of insecure steroid users, there will occasionally be those guys that say "if it improves my life, why not?".

4. Assuming you're already aware you're taking a huge risk, I don't see anything inherently wrong with using multiple compounds to balance. Sure, more things to go wrong. I can't argue with that! But in the context of say, testosterone and balancing it with an estrogen inhibitor (AI), any endocrinologist worth their salt is going to view this combo as a potential option. Your body has thousands of counter-balancing compounds anyway with feedback loops and all that good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness