Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 12:24 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,828,796 times

Advertisements

I am very excited about a new gym opening near my home next week. Ive been waiting for almost a year as it is supposedly one of the "best gyms in America" according to reviews.

I have or have had memberships at Ballys, 24hr Fitness, Golds, Spectum Club, and World Gym but this one could be the best. They offer Pilates, Yoga, Spinning, full service spa, cafe with free wifi and they are just a few minute jog from my home.

Does anyone else here have a membership with Equinox?

Woodland Hills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 12:31 PM

Had my first workout at the gym on Saturday morning and I must say it is the BEST gym I have even been a member of. Its spotless, has flat screen tvs pretty much everywhere even in the locker room. Top of the line equipment, towel service, laundry service, plenty of yoga classes, spinning, pilates juice bar. It's the perfect club. Even the Zen inspired decor is amazing. Im starting to workout now twice per day. Cardio in the morning and strength training at lunch or after work.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:57 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,708,027 times
Nice...how much is it per month, year or whatever? I'm happy with 24hr, but it could be nicer of course.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Nice...how much is it per month, year or whatever? I'm happy with 24hr, but it could be nicer of course.
I still have my 24hr fitness and will probably keep it forever. The 24hr Fitness you go to is probably the best in all of LA.

I got a "deal" with Equinox by signing up early - I pay $105 per month with zero initiation fee. I think its normally $135 per month. Its well worth the price because everyone who's there are serious about getting in shape. You dont get your folks who are half a$$ing it and just trying to pick up dates.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:21 PM

36 posts, read 150,449 times
For 105 per month it must be a spa or something similar. I never visited a gym that costs that much or could afford one, but it would be nice to have all of those amenities. I pay 40 per month and have only four TVs. no locker rooms, a little dirty, but the spinning classes are nice. I guess you get what you pay for.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:56 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,974,470 times
How about this for a cost of living difference:

When I lived outside of Cleveland, OH (just moved about 6 months ago) I went to a gym with very similar amenities: always spotless, great equipment, flat screens in every room (not the locker room, that would be nice!) including mini flat screens on each piece of cardio equipment, 2 theater rooms with additional cardio equipment and better sound, all the typical classes, I don't think it had a full-service spa, free daycare on morning, evening and weekends and a small juice/protein bar...

The cost: $38/month!!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:03 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,708,027 times
Crazy, well if you can afford it, that's great. I know you are older than I am ( 25 ) and are able to do so. Sounds nice. Is the full service spa included in the fee? Does that include like free massages per month or something?

Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,237,547 times
Sounds nice but it's crazy to spend so much on a gym membership unless you're actually planning on using all the amenities they offer. And all new gyms are clean when they first open. We paid $800/year for both of us for Gold's here in NJ, which prides itself on being the cleanest gym in the country. I have to agree. It's spotless, after all these years, and people are constantly wiping down equipment after use. They have a chiropractor on site, massage, great locker rooms, tons of classes, a full size basketball and racketball court, boxing ring, childcare and tons of other stuff. All the people that go are actually looking to be fit and not just picking up dates, as you metioned. And the price is great. Our gym was clean from day one and still is. Many go downhill after a few months in business.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:19 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,237,547 times
Oh yea, we also have a juice bar where they also make fresh to order wraps for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And tons of protein shakes to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness