Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 04:42 PM

373 posts, read 348,591 times

Advertisements

Whenever your schedule gets tough or hectic or something comes up and you didn't have time to meal prep or make yourself a healthy meal what do you guys like to get ?

I know me personally often times before work or after a workout and before work I don't feel like cooking or if I didn't shop yet my go to is a chipotle bowl or Panera bread

I need more options
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 09:03 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Chipotle is the best option, whether you are vegan or meat eater.

Sandwich places like Subway are great (I like their veggie delite).

Pretty much any fast food place has relatively healthy options on their menu, just choose the ones with veggies and lean meats if you eat meat.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:44 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,578,513 times
Subway, unfortunately, is garbage. Cold cuts of 'meat' are not healthy. The bread they use is not healthy, it's basically puffy nutrition-less garbage.

I saw a story on how they sometimes use rotting spoiled chicken for their chicken options, and use something on it to drown out the odor.

The vegetables are okay.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:30 PM

7,251 posts, read 5,123,089 times
I'd rather starve than eat fast food. You won't die missing one meal, and it builds character to suffer a little

It takes 5 minutes to fry up a patty of ground beef (80 or 90% lean) with cut up tomato, green pepper, mushrooms & onion and 2 minutes to eat it. You'll waste more time than that waiting in line to buy garbage prepared in unsanitary conditions.

A few years ago, to much public fanfare, Chipotle announced they were going to use only grass finished beef. That was just an excuse to import cheap Australian beef. Most fast food beef is imported- cheap & inferior. [I could add "can you trust the foreign inspection process, but how many people die each year from eating fast food?" Not too many.]

Chipotle also advertises that it uses "organic" lettuce. Industially produced lettuce is fertilized with synthetic ammonium-organic molecules- very -safe. "Organic lettuce" is fertilized with manure-- much higher risk of fecal contamination. Caveat comedentus.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:35 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
There is a medittereanean place near my home that has tasty smalll plates. I get that often. Or whole foods hot bar.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:40 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
El Pollo Loco has a lot of healthy choices especially the 3 piece chicken with steamed broccoli.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
I've been grabbing ready-made salads from Walmart when I'm in an bind and on the road.....my local FL grocery chain Publix makes a lot of salads as well.....very convenient.

I'll grab two side salads from Wendy's or a baked potato with a couple of ice waters if I'm really hungry and didn't plan.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:58 PM

430 posts, read 335,249 times
I just grab a no meat salad from Wal-Mart, usually because I HATE meat in salads unless it's seafood.

Or a salad from Firehouse Subs cause those things are bomb.

If I'm in a huge time constriction and simply can't wait, I just grab some fruit and some muscle milk. The combo makes me feel fuller longer, and usually two or three apples does the trick.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:31 PM

165 posts, read 145,569 times
We have a chain called Zoe's (they're in a lot of southern states, I think). It's Greek/Mediterranean-style food, and pretty much everything on the menu is awesome. Lots of veggies, lots of vegetarian choices.

Sometimes I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich or a salad at Chick-fil-A. Salads are everywhere.

Here in Texas, tacos are king. A good corn tortilla and some fajita chicken with peppers and onions plus salsa. Yum.

Starbucks has some good choices in the grab-and-go area -- protein boxes, apples, bananas, eggs, juices. I just tried Hippeas from there the other day. Like cheese puffs, but made from chickpeas. Pretty good.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
I keep a lot of hard boiled eggs in my fridge.

Lunch meat is horrible for you and most commercial bread, like Subway has a lot of added sugar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness