Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 AM

27 posts, read 17,157 times

Advertisements

It is hard work in the beginning estimating the correct amount of the Total Daily Energy Expenditure and calories intake. It is very important to eat 300 calories less than TDEE as under eating more may weaken the body and cause muscle wasting.

It is advisable to eat clean for satiety over a longer period between meals. Build muscles with resistance workouts before doing slow cardio. There is no right balance of carb, protein and fat so don't be too pedantic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,059,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
My Practice for Fat loss is as follows

- Go to the Gym 3 times a week (1 hours each time)
- 10 mins. Cardio, 45 Mins. weight lifting
- 2 days upper body, 1 day lower body

Am I doing this right? please help
If it is working for you then, yes.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:02 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,780,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtolive View Post
It is hard work in the beginning estimating the correct amount of the Total Daily Energy Expenditure and calories intake. It is very important to eat 300 calories less than TDEE as under eating more may weaken the body and cause muscle wasting.

It is advisable to eat clean for satiety over a longer period between meals. Build muscles with resistance workouts before doing slow cardio. There is no right balance of carb, protein and fat so don't be too pedantic.
It depends on your lifestyle if you sit all day at a desk you don't really need very many calories.

You are better off being a little underweight than a little overweight

There's the U.S. version of caloric intake, then there's the rest of the worlds version of caloric intake lol. The eastern hemisphere on average has a much higher number of slender people than the western hemisphere. They eat differently.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:44 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,983,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Not all people who lift heavy sport big bellies.

I'm a female, so I just don't have the equipment to look like that, but my motto is to lift heavy, moderate reps. I have broad shoulders, pecs, and defined arms but no big belly. Big belly is due to overeating, not weight lifting.
Yes and no.

There's a difference between lifting heavy and being a true powerlifter. The types of people in the 4-5-6 club or 5-6-7 club (500 lb bench, 600 lb squat, 700 lb deadlift) will almost always have a bit of a gut unless they're on HGH or something that minimizes fat gains. Increases in muscle and strength are always accompanied by increases in fat......which is why a lot of people will find themselves on the constant bulk/cut cycle.

I've seen a lot of women in the gym that are strong relative to their size and lack any noticeable pudge in the mid-section. These types are often short with gymnast bodies and small frames. Usually they are more bottom-heavy (bigger legs, calves etc) with lean, cut upper bodies. They'd have a hard time packing on upper body mass even if they tried. It restricts the limits of their upper body strength but keeps them from packing on abdominal weight. These types are like the female equivalent of a football running back, not so much a powerlifter/bodybuilder whose primary aim is to get as big and strong as naturally possible.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:46 AM

5,247 posts, read 6,168,711 times
I typically hit a HIIT class twice a week that has us use monitors- typical class might burn 700-800 calories (if Im trusting the heart rate monitor and their forumulas.) I also lift weights twice a week and hit yoga twice a week. Sometimes I tack 20-30 minutes of cardio onto my weight days- those should combine for 500 calories or more.

I say thougth about this because I just grabbed an egg sandwich and drink at Panera- if I had opted for the bear claw I would have used the full 750 calories from HIIT and a sausage on bagel sandwich would have surpassed a gym day by 100 calories. I once had someone tell me you cannot exercise a bad diet- and that has generally been my experience.

The times I have been leanest I was either following a diet very well, when I was mainly lifting but kept on top of diet and when I was doing a lot of yoga (which really is not true strength or cardio but is great for me mentally.) I do HIIT for cardio health not weight loss because some days I leave class ready to eat a horse and I always need to eat something before hand for energy. My actual weight loss successes have been times when I buckled down on diet or when I simply found a nice balance of activities and simplified eating. Hitting heavy cardio has never really done it- and I've even gained weight when I have been super active but eating too much.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:41 AM

7 posts, read 5,122 times
I Follow some tips for Fat lose which is recently well working.
1.Drink warm water early morning.
2.Do Exercise daily.
3.Do cardio 2 day in week.
4.Avoid Fast food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness