Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 05:13 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Remove the bread and keep some of the potatoes in your diet and you will have much better success.
True, but not French fries....baked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 687 times
Short Intro : I have been working out diligently for the past 1-2 years, cardio & gym almost everyday with sufficient rest days to heal, diet-conscious and took supplements & protein when necessary. However, even when I was at my thinnest point, the remaining small little belly-fat is always the small little peak you have to climb before you reach the summit.

Coming from a medical background, I have been reading through the posts on this thread to gain some insights & share my knowledge & experiences. Everyone is born with different genetics, build, metabolism, etc. There is no 1 size fit-all best perfect method for EVERYONE. Personally, I prefer a multi-pronged approach, which has been mostly discussed above, & I fully agree. At the end of the day, it is up to you to try each of the different solutions & calibrate the different proportions of each type to achieve YOUR very own solution cocktail.

How did I finally lose my remaining skinny-fat ?
At this stage, its more like fine-tuning and going into even smaller minute specific details in your lifestyle & workout routine. You are doing it right, only choosing the wrong combinations or not going deeper enough. We have to push ourselves up to a higher level.

1) YOU’RE EATING A WRONG DIET
Human anatomy by itself is undebatable. If you dissect a body, there is fat beneath your skin & around your organs. Skinny fat is fat. If you want to reveal your muscles beneath, remove the fat. This is fact. This is Science. As long as your body fat % is below 13%, the muscles will reveal by itself.

Even if you think you are diet conscious, you may not be diet conscious enough. The occasional 1 sweet beverage, treat or alcohol which does not matter to you can stack up & accumulate. Carbohydrate is converted to fat in the liver, even if you are not taking any fat. You have to be 100% sugar-free. But how ? I have tried various methods regarding my diet, below are my best suggestions :

- Leptitox : Most of the time its my brain that is craving for sugar. Work on the root cause. This curbs my sugar intake :
[url]https://leptitox.health.blog[/url]
- Water, water & only water
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Tea without sugar

2) YOU’RE DOING ONLY CARDIO WORKOUTS
When the fat has been removed, we also want bigger muscles so it is more easily revealed. Do a lot of heavy compound weightlifting.

- Less Cardio : Low Intensity Steady State cardio (LISS). For example: a light jog, brisk walk, or bike ride
- More resistance training
- Protein : Only Whey

3) Be Consistent
Even if you achieve it, it might not be easy for you to maintain it after all this is your first time. The adverse changes and discipline required may be hard to follow taking into account your work, obligations and other factors etc. Do not be disappointed when the fat appears again. Even some models thirst themselves and workout hardcore only before a photoshoot in order to look perfect. More importantly, learn to get use to your new lifestyle & habits. Permanent changes take time. I hope this helps you achieve what you want.

Last edited by ej639; 02-04-2020 at 12:40 AM..

Old 02-08-2020, 01:07 PM

946 posts, read 565,438 times
Cut out dairy.

When I couldn't lose those last 5 pounds, I started putting lactose free cream in my coffee and stopped eating cheese. Also, I only had eggs one day a week. The weight came off.

Old 04-01-2023, 04:59 AM

1 posts, read 177 times
You could have to live with them. If ever, belly fat is difficult to shed.
Clean up your food, do HIIT or Tabata training, as suggested by the poster above, and then do weight training with a core focus.
I don't place a lot of trust in magazine articles about how to lose weight, especially ones from publications like Redbook. These articles frequently include errors or misinformation. More than water weight is belly fat.

Old 04-01-2023, 10:27 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
This is the first time, I've ever seen a thread, that has been resurrected not once, but twice now, by not just one, "One-post-wonder" but by two "one-post-wonders."

Ironically, neither will likely ever return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness