Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 05:55 PM

307 posts, read 224,102 times

Advertisements

Karen in NH, sorry, don't know how to respond to your hysterical comment. Let me add that my first year in college was ... wait, have to use my fingers oy vey ... 46 years ago (there about). I can handle them - in our moving transition, I'm snarfing them again and Entemann's is on sale in every blasted state but I know when our furniture arrives in a moving van, I won't be thinking much about eating. When I worked, I often forgot to eat.

Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 05:59 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,862,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Type-2 diabetes diagnosis. Lost 20 pounds in 6 months.
How did you do it? I'm pre-diabetic now and my dr says I've gotta lose weight.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:06 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,255,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Health issues. That's it.
Nailed it. Poor health is a powerful motivator.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:32 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,476,683 times
The shame I felt when I saw my fat gut and beginning man boobs in a photo about a month ago.

WTF I thought...............I used to be lean and mean and now this completely unacceptable

I am done now 9 lbs from my recent heaviest..............I have been really cutting calories and exercising at the same time. First 2 days are brutal but now I am getting reacquainted to about 1000 calories a day and exercising at the same time.

What I really should do is blow that sh*t up and put right on the refrigerator door. Next time I think about slipping just look at the photo and put the damn food down.

Pain and shame are great motivators.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:03 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,314,963 times
I want my body to last as I compete in a male-dominated industry. I want to rock business casual. I want to be able to ride a horse or clean a stall for years to come. I think about how particular about what we horse people feed our horses and how we condition them. We rate their body condition - vets do that. We should take as good care of our own bodies.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:58 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,763 times
The realizations that growing older didn't mean weight-gain, illness, sickness, medicated, cancer, in fact these are not a normal part of the ageing process as we are taught! ~~~ Not saying one will live forever but one does have the choice to change their diet and get moving! Peace Out~~

Old 05-23-2018, 01:33 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I think most (if not all) of us have had that one event or thing happen in our life that struck a personal nerve and began the catalyst to get our behinds back in shape once and for all. What was the thing or event that did it to you??

I saw the playback from a neighbor's security camera, that showed me walking up the street, wearing a pair of shorts. That quickly brought me to a higher level of reality. Starting the same day, I lost 25 lbs., over the next 6 months.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:47 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,303,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I think most (if not all) of us have had that one event or thing happen in our life that struck a personal nerve and began the catalyst to get our behinds back in shape once and for all. What was the thing or event that did it to you??
Middle-aged man with young children. Trying to set an example and live as long as possible.

Why not?

Old 05-23-2018, 05:50 AM

307 posts, read 224,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
The realizations that growing older didn't mean weight-gain, illness, sickness, medicated, cancer, in fact these are not a normal part of the ageing process as we are taught! ~~~ Not saying one will live forever but one does have the choice to change their diet and get moving! Peace Out~~
Funny, I guess. When I email people I know, I tend to end them with "Peace Out". Ironically, in this heated environment I believe Peace Out literally is appropriate. Thanks for generating some new brain cells for me.

Peace Out

Old 05-23-2018, 07:37 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,150,696 times
Actually a combination of things. The full length mirror, I did not like what I saw. I also realized that I have to stop buying clothes that did not fit right. Another was to feel confident to date, and attract attention.. And lastly, It was to fit in a smaller waist jeans, levis lets the world know your size!

Losing weight is not what I cared about. I cared more about how I fit in my clothes .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness