Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 01:34 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
The guy didn't deserve to die. But he should not have responded with violence. He had no right to put his hands on the other guy. Words are words. The white guy was using words. The black guy used violence. Civilized society says that you can't do that. Law say that you can't do that. Yet many people still act as if we are in the caveman days.
Sounds like you don't have a clue about this world.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:41 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,557,161 times
Markeis McGlockton was a thug with a record of assaults, including beating the hell out of the same girlfreind who has no respect for handicapped people. This has nothing to do with race, a lot of black killings have made me really upset for example the Philando Castile murder, but this case doesn't bother me a bit. He had no call whatsoever to get violent, especially since they were in the wrong. A decent person would have just moved the car and defused the situation. Only a criminal thug would do what Markeis did and it was just a matter of time before he got popped with his attitude of approaching things he doesn't like with violence.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:55 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
He had no business confronting anyone over a parking spot. The guy is not a police officer. He should have minded his own business. If he had, none of this would have happened.

In this world might makes right. It doesn't matter if you are an animal, person, entity or country. If you can steamroll someone or something without consequence, you will. If you can't, you won't. It doesn't matter if you're talking about this country or that black guy. So, spare me the rhetoric.
Rhetoric? I guess you can call it that. Rhetoric meaning speech or words. If you disagree with what I stated, so be it.
Unfortunately for guys like you who believe in "might makes right," the law says otherwise. We have laws for a reason. This isn't the Caveman Era any longer (although it may still be in Chicago as evidenced by the astronomical homicide rate there). Civilization basically makes everyone equal. And the law (and law enforcement) is the arm of civilization that ensures that equality. That whole social contract thing is what makes most advanced forms of civilization work. We all agree collectively to obey the law. The one's who choose to do otherwise get dealt with in various ways.
"Might makes right" when out of style long ago. This is more of a thinking man's world nowadays; the strong man is on the way out, and he has been on the way out for a long time! The most powerful people in the world are probably some of the physically weakest. But true power goes way beyond the physical; in fact, it probably barely even touches or relies upon the physical. The biggest, baddest guy can quickly and rather easily be eliminated in a variety of ways. So find something else to get jolly about other than being a hard guy or a bad boy or whatever "tough-guy-ism" you'd like to use.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The guy was a coward. He shot an unarmed man who wasn't even within striking distance of him. Plus, it's not his job to enforce parking laws and he has no authority to do so.
But it wasn't cowardly shoving an older and presumably weaker guy to the ground (especially when said guy was not even expecting it or even facing the assailant)? Logical contortions are fun. The guy responded in a hood way, and he got a hood response.
Keep your hands to yourself, folks!

Old 08-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Why? Because my view differs from yours?

Old 08-08-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Markeis McGlockton was a thug with a record of assaults, including beating the hell out of the same girlfreind who has no respect for handicapped people. This has nothing to do with race, a lot of black killings have made me really upset for example the Philando Castile murder, but this case doesn't bother me a bit. He had no call whatsoever to get violent, especially since they were in the wrong. A decent person would have just moved the car and defused the situation. Only a criminal thug would do what Markeis did and it was just a matter of time before he got popped with his attitude of approaching things he doesn't like with violence.
Not surprising. Violent people like that have a tendency to run into big problems. Our prisons are full of guys just like him. Which is why I hope to never have to live in a part of town or area of the country populated by a large percentage of people like that who are violent and disrespectful. Living amongst those types of people is nothing but trouble, and they have a tendency to bring the trouble to you, regardless of how decent a person you are. Too much spill-over and collateral damage from those types. Call me crazy, but I like living amongst civilized, respectful, decent people.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:42 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
He sounded pretty on point to me.

It is unfortunate that homeboy punked his last victim that he figured couldn't hurt him. That is the dangerous game of roulette he played by not growing up and leaving that type of behavior in high school. That's how the real world works sometimes, unfortunately.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:48 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Guys like him rarely make it to 30 before ending up dead or serving a life sentence in prison. It is unfortunate but some guys are just bad guys and it often doesn't end well.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:43 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,369,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
He sounded pretty on point to me.

It is unfortunate that homeboy punked his last victim that he figured couldn't hurt him. That is the dangerous game of roulette he played by not growing up and leaving that type of behavior in high school. That's how the real world works sometimes, unfortunately.
Me too.

Don't mind South Sider, he likes to come on to stir the pot and argue, rarely adding anything of value to these boards.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:34 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
This thread is way off topic and needs to be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness