Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 01:55 PM

21 posts, read 13,478 times

Advertisements

Have a Quest protein bar. ~30gms protein, ~3 gms sugar, ~190 calories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 02:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Any recommendations re: a good protein bar for a post-workout or pre-workout boost?

Personally, I try to avoid added sugar, as well as fake sugar (including sugar alcohol). And they all seem to include one or the other or both.... Rx Bars seem to be the best for my personal situation.

But what are your favorites, and why? Also which do you dislike, and why?
my general opinion on protein bars is that you are better off just going with a snickers. similar enough nutrition and tastes much better.

what i do for pwo is custom mix a protein power and leave it in my shaker bottle. then i fill it up from the water fountain at the gym, mix and enjoy.

things i use to make my mix: unflavored pure whey isolate powder, powdered milk (sometimes skim, sometimes regular), peanut powder, maybe some kind of chocolate milk or cappuccino powder if i want a little sugar in there.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:02 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
I try to go with a natural snack as much as I can but when it's not possible I like Lara bars. I also see savory protein bars from time to time and those don't have as much sugar.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:57 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,644 times
I enjoy these, I take one or two to college everyday, (a box a month) but whatever. Nice snacks while I am at college

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 09-22-2018, 05:56 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Cliff bars taste amazing, yes, but they should because they don't have any protein in them. I mean, 10 grams?! LOL. I only have Pure Protein bars, they are a good mix for me, about 200 calories but more than 20 grams of protein is a suitable snack.

I need around 100 grams of protein per day, so I try to make sure if I'm having a protein bar, it actually has protein in it! There are too many with pathetic counts and way too much sugar, which yeah, they taste better, but they don't accomplish my fitness or health goals. I like the chocolate peanut butter ones, they just taste mostly like chocolate to me, but they're good. I haven't found many others I like. Even saying I "like" one is more like... it's good compared to the rest, not that it's actually good :P

Old 09-22-2018, 07:13 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Quest protein bars are pretty good
I'll second this. Quest bars are tasty. The cookie dough one is everyone's go-to, and for good reason.

The other flavors like cookies n' cream are alright.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:29 AM

669 posts, read 582,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
Elevation at ALDI. Two levels of protein options
I have since quit eating these. I ate them for breakfast. Probably ate them too many days in succession because I would get constipated...for days. Since I quit eating these and Zone Perfect bars...problem solved. I feel slimmer too. Trying eat better...more fruits and veggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness