Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 08:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Shed 8 lbs? That's easy.

Just do this: Avoid wheat, dairy, sugar and all processed foods..
At my age and with a history of osteoporosis in my family, I'm not about to give up dairy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 12:11 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buitenzorg View Post
I thought I would send in an update, given that you were generous in your advice and encouragement. I have now lost just under 8 pounds and my waist (that is, measured around the thickest part of the stomach with a tape) is 2.5 inches smaller. That seems like a good amount and far enough, as I don't want to get too thin. It wasn't very difficult: I used My Fitness Pal, it told me how many calories to eat each day for the goal. I actually ate less than they said to do and did not add in any calories for the exercise I do. I dropped all alcohol, except a drink or two on the weekends when out, most pasta and all desserts. I measured everything and now realize how much cheese, peanuts, etc I usually eat with a drink before dinner!
I feel better, most of the bulge at the middle gone, but I see that I can't train well at this caloric intake. Runs have been a bit harder than they should've been so I know it's time to stop. Fortunately, ive been doing strength training and Pilates with the running, so I haven't wasted away.
Now I have to figure out how to maintain the new weight.
Thanks for the advice and hope this helps anyone else trying to do something similar.

Take a look at "carb back-loading". Sounds like maybe you're not getting enough carbs to fuel your longer runs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness