Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 416 times

Advertisements

I have tried every diet under the sun to lose weight and get healthy because I want to live long but nothing is working for me my biggest obstacle is finding time because I go to work and school full time I've tried the green juices but they are disgusting and I feel don't really help so I looked online for short workout and meal plans and I found this article [url]https://fitnessplanreviews.wordpress.com/[/url] it was reviewing this product called the fat decimator and I thought I would give that a try I saw some good reviews and wanted to know you guys opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 09:05 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmericanBulldog View Post
I have tried every diet under the sun to lose weight and get healthy because I want to live long but nothing is working for me my biggest obstacle is finding time because I go to work and school full time I've tried the green juices but they are disgusting and I feel don't really help so I looked online for short workout and meal plans and I found this article https://fitnessplanreviews.wordpress.com/ it was reviewing this product called the fat decimator and I thought I would give that a try I saw some good reviews and wanted to know you guys opinion.
what additional time does it take to consume less food?

Old 10-31-2018, 09:22 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i know that seems logical but i dont see the point in going to the gym if you cant get your diet in order. it doesnt bother me (maybe would if my gym was crowded when i go). i just dont see the point in pretending to do something when you probably arent going to accomplish anything.

but hey, if someone actual does commit to doing both gym and diet simultaneously (after probably years of not doing it) and they are successful, i am very happy for them. most people i see in the gym are just killing time anyway.
weight loss takes time. maybe they are getting their diet in order but you wouldn't know because they are still overweight? It took me almost a year to go from fat to lean. That's a year of dedication. I had lost twenty pounds but I still appeared large. But I kept at it. I'm happy whenever I see an overweight person in the gym because regardless that's a step in the right direction. The benefits are still there, even if they are still large.

i, too, don't care for the time-wasters you're talking about. I'm talking about the larger people who diligently work out. They show up regularly and really put in an effort. I tip my hat to those people because I know it's hard and I know that one could be doing a million other things than going to the gym. Just getting there takes dedication as far as I'm concerned.

Having been thin for a good chunk of my life, then obese for another decade, and now back to lean (but muscular this time) I know how it is from both sides of the spectrum. I know just how easy it is to put weight on and how hard it is to take it off. I firmly believe in calories in/calories out but weight is also very much a mental game. Because of this, I will always be supportive and encourage rather than discourage. Unless you've had a weight problem, you'll never relate or understand.

And it is very easy to get a weight problem. In my case, my weight struggles happened after I had my first baby and continued after I had my second. I took some of it off just to end up putting it back on plus penalty pounds. Soon you find yourself at a point of no return and you just don't care. Until one day, you do. For whatever reason. And then you do something about it.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:53 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Excess skin is not an issue... Has this doc ever seen someone who lost a lot of weight???
Most obese folks aren't so heavy as to have it be a concern. A 6'0 tall male at 225 lbs is considered "Obese." Yes, I acknowledge that Body Fat % and frame construction play a part in that, but your Average 6'0 tall dude at 225 isn't exactly going to have people stare and point fingers, or have trouble finding clothes off the rack at any department store, etc...And if he loses the weight, he shouldn't have much trouble with his skin, either, unless he loses 50 lbs in a month or something.

Someone that's 5'7 and goes from 315 to 150 after a gastric bypass might indeed have an excess skin issue. But that's not most obese people.

Quote:
what additional time does it take to consume less food?
Your missing that while it is that simple, life isn't an excel spreadsheet. Its like telling someone "Save twice as much as you're saving now!" Sounds easy, in practice? Much harder.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:29 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Most obese folks aren't so heavy as to have it be a concern. A 6'0 tall male at 225 lbs is considered "Obese." Yes, I acknowledge that Body Fat % and frame construction play a part in that, but your Average 6'0 tall dude at 225 isn't exactly going to have people stare and point fingers, or have trouble finding clothes off the rack at any department store, etc...And if he loses the weight, he shouldn't have much trouble with his skin, either, unless he loses 50 lbs in a month or something.

Someone that's 5'7 and goes from 315 to 150 after a gastric bypass might indeed have an excess skin issue. But that's not most obese people.

Your missing that while it is that simple, life isn't an excel spreadsheet. Its like telling someone "Save twice as much as you're saving now!" Sounds easy, in practice? Much harder.
The way the MD put the skin issue is when you see starving people, people with anorexia or Holocast victims they didn’t have lose skin even though they lost a lot of weight quickly.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
its significantly easier than doubling your savings.

it really is extremely easy. part of what makes it appear difficult is people's general acceptance that its difficult. people love excuses for why they cant do one thing so that they can do something else that they prefer (consuming additional food). if everyone would accept the fact that it is simple and they made a deliberate choice to not accomplish it, then i think we would be more successful in reducing obesity. instead, everyone just accepts failure because its generally accepted that diet failure is reasonable.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
its significantly easier than doubling your savings.

it really is extremely easy. part of what makes it appear difficult is people's general acceptance that its difficult. people love excuses for why they cant do one thing so that they can do something else that they prefer (consuming additional food). if everyone would accept the fact that it is simple and they made a deliberate choice to not accomplish it, then i think we would be more successful in reducing obesity. instead, everyone just accepts failure because its generally accepted that diet failure is reasonable.
Sorry, but it is not "extremely easy". And so? Let's say that they accept that they made a choice to consume additional food? really, so what? food and food relationships is actually pretty complicated.

losing and/or maintaining a good weight (especially as one ages) is not easy at all. it takes work and anyone who thinks otherwise is bull****ting.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Sorry, but it is not "extremely easy". And so? Let's say that they accept that they made a choice to consume additional food? really, so what? food and food relationships is actually pretty complicated.

losing and/or maintaining a good weight (especially as one ages) is not easy at all. it takes work and anyone who thinks otherwise is bull****ting.
so what? its certainly not my problem if they consume additional food. they have just made the choice to add those calories and if they keep doing it; it will cause/continue obesity. that is the result.

its easy, its just not preferred.

as i mentioned in another thread, my big challenge has been a complete six pack. ultimately, i make choices that keep that from happening because i dont place a high enough value on the six pack (as much as i may convince myself that i do). having some dessert item after dinner each evening is what i prefer. people just want to convince themselves that there is some magic at work other than their own deliberate choices and preferences.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:38 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
The way the MD put the skin issue is when you see starving people, people with anorexia or Holocast victims they didn’t have lose skin even though they lost a lot of weight quickly.
There's a lot of problems with that, though. Namely, people with Anorexia don't typically go from being obese to that skinny in a hurry.

And people that are starved typically don't start as obese, especially not morbidly so. And in any case, I don't think that a situation where one is so starved that their body stops producing hair, etc...

Loose skin can be a problem, but you have to be really, really heavy. Even if you "see" some loose skin it isn't necesarily a problem. I had an uncle that probably lost 100 lbs, and at the bottom of his belly was a little loose skin, but not a problem unless he wanted to appear on a magazine cover. He looked like a normal, thin 55 year old.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:47 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
It also sometimes requires seeing your doctor, having blood work done, and balancing whichever hormones may be out of whack.

I spent most of a year eating healthy foods, keeping my calories under 1600 per day (at 250 pounds, this is a relatively large deficit), balancing my macros, swimming a mile (that's around 65-70 lengths of a standard pool, I did 72) 3 times a week and working out with a trainer for an hour 3 days a week. Know how much weight I lost? 18 pounds in 10 months. I went to my doctor, ran a bunch of blood work, found out I have hypothyroidism and PCOS, got on meds for those (Metformin and Synthroid). Now I've lost 50 pounds in the last 7 months and am not having to work nearly as hard at it.

It isn't just about moderation and not being lazy. Sometimes there are other issues.
Congratulations! That's a very impressive history, in terms of the effort you were dedicated to. I'm glad it's finally paying off for you. Congrats on sticking with it!

Aging can slow down the metabolism, too, so the kinds of recommendations that are made for people under 50 or 60 often don't work for people over that age. Additional measures need to be taken, for some people, such as cutting back on fats as well as carbs, and increasing exercise. Though I would hope that swimming a mile 3 x/wk would be sufficient, with perhaps a gym workout on the in-between days, or some such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness