Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 01:39 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times

Advertisements

A man who secretes testosterone naturally, will experience a significant reduction in his own production of it, when he takes it as a supplement. Sometimes, when he stops taking the supplements, his own natural production will not come back quickly or fully. It's a good way to throw the endocrine system out of balance, so only if it is a necessity, should it be taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 04:16 AM

765 posts, read 473,811 times
oh gawds above, more magic-pill thinking. listen. i have one sentence for you: that guy sending pipe bombs to anyone who dissed DJT, took steriods and testosterone. just sayin'.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:48 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Don't mess around with your hormones! Just to be more manly? To feel more powerful? From a woman's standpoint it's kind of dumb and sort of disgusting. Just be yourself and don't mess around with stuff like this.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:43 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,243,209 times
The OP may mean the over-the-counter testosterone-booster supplements weight-lifers might use even. Some with the high-protein drinks to some with the vitamins type supplements.

Being I went to a more physical lifting job in my pre-retirement years. The possible drop in muscle that comes in later years to stamina and strength. I was finding it more tiring and struggling to compete with a computer generated performance score.

Though i suspected low-T. I never got tested. Insurance pays nothing till deductible met (i want my 80s 90s insurance back .... was real) so i just said .... I'll try this.

Worked for me. Also mind-boosting pill. I just take it in lower doses the multiple one pill and two different brands. Also Energy boosting vitamin supplement.

I have the better stamina again and normal semen level again to prove it. Muscle-wise no big change. Just a bit more strength as did increased as i clearly wanted and endurance. But late in the day as normal .... one still feels the general tired.

Sounds like a commercial ...... but i was in good health and no issues as to prevent me from a try. I was always thin so not about being overweight later in life. I wouldn't say in two days I noticed much either for sure. But clearly worked for me.

I look forward to retirement and perhaps some part-time job. Never want a salary job again. Not your own business. Faghetaboutit. We truly are in the highest competitive environment of any generation I believe. It can take its toll. Continuing growth in our under-class i expect too.

These are not steroids or medical Testosterone. Why might be what the OP took too. The young ones do their doses of high-caffeine energy-drinks.

Last edited by DavePa; 11-03-2018 at 07:58 AM..

Old 11-03-2018, 07:56 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Don't mess around with your hormones! Just to be more manly? To feel more powerful? From a woman's standpoint it's kind of dumb and sort of disgusting. Just be yourself and don't mess around with stuff like this.
Plus it’s phony. A drug assisted you is not you, it’s a counterfeit. Fake boobs or a penis implant is the same thing. Sticking silicone in your body does not make you a truly well-endowed human, just a wannabe putting on a fake costume. Either you got it, or you don’t, that’s reality.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:55 AM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Plus it’s phony. A drug assisted you is not you, it’s a counterfeit. Fake boobs or a penis implant is the same thing. Sticking silicone in your body does not make you a truly well-endowed human, just a wannabe putting on a fake costume. Either you got it, or you don’t, that’s reality.
Although I agree with you someone could make the argument that using any performance enhancing supplement (even coffee or some wacko sports drink) also makes you a phony. Where to draw the line? Some people are more desperate than others. Do I think messing around with hormones for non-medical reasons is dumb? Yes.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:01 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
I've done 100 push-ups (since 1960) and I don't take testosterone

As for OP, all in his head

Old 11-03-2018, 05:26 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
I had some poison ivy once and my doctor prescribed a steroid. I was doing like 500 one armed pushups a couple days later.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:52 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Doesn't seem to be helping OP at the keyboard, as he can't seem to type up any responses here.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:31 AM

779 posts, read 471,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm not sure a man needs to worry about what YOU want in regards to their own body. You don't speak for all women either.

Do you wear makeup? If so, just be yourself and don't mess around with stuff like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness