Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2020, 11:29 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
How about the individual who uses the squat machine to do shoulder press or the individual who use the only power cage available to train forearms. Better yet the young guy that loads about 700 lbs on the barbell and lifts the bar about 1inch and that's it. While he does this his buddy if filming him with a camcorder.
These are the funniest!!!

I love the guys that do the dip bar but barely drop more than a couple of inches to the point where you can't even tell what they're doing.

Squatters are always scary because you'll see people go straight to the rack without a warm-up and load 405 lbs+ before proceeding to do quarter-squats. Some of those folks have detailed routines, and you'll see them to full reps, half-reps etc., to work on various aspects of a given lift. Those guys know what they're doing. Most of the time, it's someone trying to lift way more weight than they can comfortably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 09:54 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
You don't get it. It's because some of these people smell foul, talk on their phone loudly, glance at you repeatedly or just generally have no sense of personal space. If you can't understand why if in a row of 20 treadmills something is wrong with sidling up directly next to the ONE person in that row of 20, nothing we can say will change your behavior.
At my old gym a guy who wore way too much cologne always picked the bike or treadmill near me and I would have to move. Every fricking time. I complained and the management told him to stop with the cologne but the never did.

Another guy, in his 70's, wore the same sweats day after day. I think his wife probably died and he didn't know how to do laundry. he stunk to high heaven and again picked the bike next to me. He was so rank there was no way you could breath in his stench without gagging.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:26 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,949 times
Quote:
You don't get it. It's because some of these people smell foul, talk on their phone loudly, glance at you repeatedly or just generally have no sense of personal space. If you can't understand why if in a row of 20 treadmills something is wrong with sidling up directly next to the ONE person in that row of 20, nothing we can say will change your behavior.
My behavior?

You simply don´t like people around you, don´t go to the gym pretending is all yours. That´s all.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:51 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,022,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
My behavior?

You simply don´t like people around you, don´t go to the gym pretending is all yours. That´s all.
Well that would cut both ways. Someone who shows up stinking like hell, obliviously hypnotized by their phone, and being ignorant of others' space are also pretending it's all their own.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:20 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Default Sleep Apnea And Fitness

Sorry I didn't mean to post that

Old 03-10-2020, 05:46 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
My behavior?

Once again you don't get it. The point of this is WHEN THERE ARE AMPLE FREE MACHINES, there is zero reason to pick the machine directly next to someone unless you're a very, very lonely person dying to speak to someone on your terms. Of course when the gym is busy one would expect someone to be close to you, or even on the machine next to mine.

I guess we found out who the offending party is with these creepy scenarios.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Once again you don't get it. The point of this is WHEN THERE ARE AMPLE FREE MACHINES, there is zero reason to pick the machine directly next to someone unless you're a very, very lonely person dying to speak to someone on your terms. Of course when the gym is busy one would expect someone to be close to you, or even on the machine next to mine.

I guess we found out who the offending party is with these creepy scenarios.
Yep, you are.

If I am used to using a specific machine for reasons that I have already mentioned, and if I am only going to run on it, then it does not matter who is next to that machine or not.

If we are both running and focused on exercise, then there is no time to be bothered by the presence of others.

If you only go to the gym to criticize others, you better stay home.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Well that would cut both ways. Someone who shows up stinking like hell, obliviously hypnotized by their phone, and being ignorant of others' space are also pretending it's all their own.
someone stinking like hell has no place anywhere, in that case you call the supervisor to solve the problem.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Yep, you are.

If I am used to using a specific machine for reasons that I have already mentioned, and if I am only going to run on it, then it does not matter who is next to that machine or not.

If we are both running and focused on exercise, then there is no time to be bothered by the presence of others.

If you only go to the gym to criticize others, you better stay home.
Not others, just annoying people like yourself who have no sense of personal space.

Probably the same dude who, when presented with 4 open toilets and 1 in use, goes into the stall directly next to the one in use.

Also considering today's environment it is even *MORE* critical than ever to create space between you and everyone around you. Sad that I need to explain this.

Last edited by Florida2014; 03-11-2020 at 02:30 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
someone stinking like hell has no place anywhere, in that case you call the supervisor to solve the problem.
It's a gym, people sweat and stink. Which, AGAIN FOR THE 11TH TIME, is why you don't sidle up next to someone at the cardio machines unless you have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness