Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2020, 07:12 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,637,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Who is the most annoying person at your gym, and what does he or she do that's so annoying?

I thought that this might be an interesting thread.

In mine, it's a lady who boxes. My gym has a large cardio room (with bikes, treadmills and elliptical equipment), and then a large room that is totally empty, separated from the cardio room by a see-through wall and a door. Most people who do boxing go to the large empty room and close the door.

But one lady? She does boxing in the middle of the cardio room, even while the vacant room is right next door. She also dribbles a ball while waiting for her personal trainer and moans when she boxes. It's really distracting.

Love to hear about the most annoying person in YOUR gym!
Moans?!?!? HAHAHA! Dang. Hopefully she's hot at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
People who try to reserve a piece of exercise equipment while they're still working out on a different piece of exercise equipment.
Pisses me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Plenty in my gym.
The old duffer oogling and chatting up the young chicas hoping to get lucky.
The steroidal monster posing in front of the mirrors.
The know it all that tries to tell everyone the proper way to do something.

The "Know it alls" really tick me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
The old fat guys that walk around the locker room naked. Put on a damn towel!
Yuck!! It's always the old heads!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 07:15 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,637,280 times
The most annoying person for me is the person who is trying to reserve multiple stations and/or machines at the gym. This guy is always doing supersets or some interval training and basically wants to use the whole damn gym. It got to the point where we had to tell the owner about the guy. Simply because we all tried collectively and it was a waste of time. The guy was so hard headed and didn't think anything about how it was cutting into other peoples time and workout. Once the owner had a chat with him, things chilled out thankfully.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:59 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
The most annoying person for me is the person who is trying to reserve multiple stations and/or machines at the gym.
That used to be a problem at my gym pre-Corona but not anymore. The worst offender, an obnoxious fitness dude, is also gone.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:21 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,855,741 times
Yes, the guy that wants to use two machines at the same time! Then the guy that looks at his phone and just sits there for LONG periods. Come on, either get with it or get off!

Old 09-22-2020, 10:58 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,186 times
Today of all days, the LAF was inundated by new female exercisers, there were at least 3 or 4 I have never seen before, and all doing their routines, all really very young so in my mind what you see is what God gave these girls.

Not like the ones with fake NON FACTORY parts, older than my mother in law.

Not ever annoying at all . . . Hehehehe I am on the ledge in the Second floor where all the Cardio equipment is..and the Scenery down on the Main Floor it's refreshing and outstanding.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:06 PM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Then the guy that looks at his phone and just sits there for LONG periods.
oh...mer...gerd!! I hate Phone Guy who needs 48 minutes to do 3 sets of maybe 8 reps each in a squat rack. Jeezus H tapdancing christmas get the reps done and stop staring at that freaking screen!!!!!

Old 09-23-2020, 01:09 PM

213 posts, read 131,739 times
the creepy dudes in their 30s and 40s who know better than to hit on teenagers. god I hated that.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:42 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
oh...mer...gerd!! I hate Phone Guy who needs 48 minutes to do 3 sets of maybe 8 reps each in a squat rack. Jeezus H tapdancing christmas get the reps done and stop staring at that freaking screen!!!!!
We have a younger guy who brings a set of dumbbells onto the ONE fly machine at our gym. The fly machine is one of the most heavily used machines as you can do chest flies or reverse delt exercises and it's simple/easy to use so most novices will lean towards that one. This guy will sit on his phone, taking upwards of 10 mins between sets on this machine, then has the audacity to sit on the machine and do bicep curls, followed by another 10 mins on his phone, and so on and so on for about a half hour.

2nd place is the d-bag who continues to do bicep curls in the squat rack. I want to ask the gym to put up signs that say something like "PLEASE USE FOR DEADLIFTS/SQUATS ONLY" or even "NO BICEP CURLS HERE!"

Old 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM

50,253 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Most annoying is this guy always trying to get a date. He will confront some woman and then mostly tie up whatever she's using for a long time. I'm like dude, go to a bar or better yet some site like Tinder.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:59 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Well, today it was the guys standing a foot in front of me while I'm setting up for heavy deadlifts. I had to tell them twice to give me some space. If I had to tell them a third time I probably would have lost my temper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness