Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 AM

215 posts, read 150,258 times

Advertisements

I NEVER had a single ounce of alcohol in my entire life. 40+ now. :-). In my past work place, people are surprise and gave me an accolade that says "Never had one" :-D.

In some cultures drinking alcohol is sin.. Though not mine. My entire family, including my forefathers never drank alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 08:35 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,320,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
I NEVER had a single ounce of alcohol in my entire life. 40+ now. :-). In my past work place, people are surprise and gave me an accolade that says "Never had one" :-D.

In some cultures drinking alcohol is sin.. Though not mine. My entire family, including my forefathers never drank alcohol.
I was basically an alcoholic as an infant. My father would get me beer, wine, and all kinds of alcoholic drinks.

Now, I don't touch alcohol for the most part. I don't see the need to. Every once in a while, I'll have a drink, but it is not even a weekly thing.

And needing alcohol to start a relationship...

... What???

Old 09-30-2019, 10:27 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,958,189 times
Alcohol as a requirement of dating? um, nope. I call BS on that.

I have a 20-something in the house and they rarely drink on a date. First dates, if they are being set up by a friend meets at a coffee shop on a weekend morning. Other dates might be bowling, movies, going out for a meal. None of those "require" drinking. Even when they meet at a bar they often drink soda or sparkling water. Someone has to be a designated driver and they rotate the responsibility. But there is never any pressure to drink alcohol.

We are not teetotalers by any means. We occasionally have wine or beer with dinner, mixed drinks if we entertain. But there is no reason to drink, just to drink.

Getting back to the original "don't drink your calories" we only drink water with meals. You get to eat more calories if you are not drinking them.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:45 AM

2 posts, read 948 times
You have been doing fitness for so long and didn’t know that carbonated drinks have a lot of calories? See how many calories are in alcohol and I think you will be surprised even more.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:24 AM

4 posts, read 1,867 times
Naturally, sugary drinks are very high in calories, and when you drink them you don’t feel full.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:07 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,649,797 times
3 Words: Kroger Seltzer Water

Old 10-10-2019, 11:12 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,532,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post

Ermygosh....never? I avoid it now because of calories & wanting to look my best...& I drink mostly water.....but I still have a glass of wine or a cocktail on a night out.....

Red wine can be good for your health too.....the resveratrol & antioxidants may help to prevent CAD....but you do have to be mindful of the calories.....

That’s better than drinking sugary drinks tho...& regularly drinking calories.......nothing will sabotage your weight faster IMO.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness