Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I'm skeptical on the getting ripped part. I mean you see people's before and after photos, some to me, seem like they are unbelievable, but I'm the type who has to have it happen to, in order to become a firm believer, so come my 90 day time, I "hope" to also be ripped but if I don't then I'll be doing a round 2 soon after. I already feel I have a handle on the nutrional pat, so to me, I feel it is pretty simple to follow but to those who are drastically changing their eating habits to flow with P90X, that is a challenge in itself. Even I find myself very tempted with the food in the house since I have kids. Or even at birthday parties. Nutrition will always be a battle for most people I assume.
I decided not to change how I eat besides eating smaller portions and perhaps more often. In the past, I've lost tons of weight doing Atkins or S. Beach but I love to eat what I love to eat. I always fall off the horse and the weight comes pouring back on. So, it will take me longer to lose what I want to lose but I think it will be more sustainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
I decided not to change how I eat besides eating smaller portions and perhaps more often. In the past, I've lost tons of weight doing Atkins or S. Beach but I love to eat what I love to eat. I always fall off the horse and the weight comes pouring back on. So, it will take me longer to lose what I want to lose but I think it will be more sustainable.
Recipe for failure and disaster. If you are on the P90x program, why not just follow the program? Its only 90 days. If "they weight comes pouring back on" as you say, why not try to just curtail your poor eating habits and try to develop some good eating habits?

The working out part is usually easier for most people than the following a proper nutritional healthy diet is. But I guarantee you that if you get your nutrition/eating habits in line, then you will NEVER get into shape or lose the weight you want to lose.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM

410 posts, read 1,249,472 times
I tried the program in March 08 without changing my diet, epic fail. The energy the P90x diet provides will help you through the workouts.

I always tell myself, its only for 90 days. I wouldn't say "I usually fall off the horse", that's giving myself an out for failure and making it acceptable. I had to do the same thing when I quit smoking. All those years I was "trying" to quit. The final time I said to myself, I'm no longer trying, I'm doing. I just "quit." and it was done.

It's those small mental roadblocks that we put up for ourselves that must be overcome.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:18 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Recipe for failure and disaster. If you are on the P90x program, why not just follow the program? Its only 90 days. If "they weight comes pouring back on" as you say, why not try to just curtail your poor eating habits and try to develop some good eating habits?

The working out part is usually easier for most people than the following a proper nutritional healthy diet is. But I guarantee you that if you get your nutrition/eating habits in line, then you will NEVER get into shape or lose the weight you want to lose.
Well, my logic is that it's not only 90 days... it's not as if after the 90 day program, you just stop exercising and dieting... the 90 days is just a good marketing gimmick that keeps you focused. After that, you still have to maintain a diet and exercise program to stay in shape. I can do the diet 90 days, no problem... I've done them in the past for 6 months... but to me, it's not a sustainable diet... it's not enjoyable food so I know it won't change my diet in the long-term. I've been on P90X for about 5 weeks now and I've lost weight and gained muscle... I would have probably lost more weight but when the 90 days expire, I want to continue the program. So, switching to brown carbs and eating less of what I like is working and I think it's also sustainable.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:03 PM

51 posts, read 157,168 times
I was wondering if there was a p90x thread on here. Anyways, I just started the other day. I finished up my first rond of plyometrics about an hour ago and man o man, was that tough. It was hard but fun. What I'm dreading though is getting up tomorrow and being sore as heck.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 PM

90 posts, read 623,057 times
hey, soreness is good! haha, it means your doin it right!

Im closing in on finishing with my first round...just a few more weeks for myself.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:47 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Native View Post
I was wondering if there was a p90x thread on here. Anyways, I just started the other day. I finished up my first rond of plyometrics about an hour ago and man o man, was that tough. It was hard but fun. What I'm dreading though is getting up tomorrow and being sore as heck.
I'm on week 5 and did plyo last night. I'm still a little sore today!! My first week I was soo sore! It was tough to do the first round of yoga as every part of my body ached!!

Keep at it. I won't say it gets easier only because as you get in better shape you can push yourself more!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:04 AM

540 posts, read 1,909,833 times
I'm approaching the end of Phase 2 round 1 and I'm still not a firm believer in the part of getting ripped. The ripped part I feel is for those who are skinny and don't have the layers of fat to shed. For those who do get ripped within 90 days, are already skinny so they don't have much fat to shred. For people like me who need to remove the layer of sheets, it's going to require 2, 3 or more rounds of P90X. Don't get me wrong though, I love the program and it definitely has helped me achieve levels I've never been at before, but it is frustrating that I will be doing a round 2 regardless. I guess I wanted to see faster results within the 90 days.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:55 PM

51 posts, read 157,168 times
Well week one is in the bag and man o man. Being sore all over never felt so good. What an intense program. I'm sure glad I got it. Here goes week 2 tomorrow. Cheers

Old 04-18-2009, 03:55 PM

6 posts, read 14,433 times
Default P90x

I think P90X is great as well. It's an affordable way to have a personal trainer without really having one... I haven't actually stuck to it day for day however, I use it regularly with my regular workouts. It definitely makes you stronger. Tony Horton pushes the limits and I LOVE IT! In a lot of the videos, I probably would have stopped mid-way if I didn't have Tony Horton yelling at me on the screen in front of me..ha ha...

My favourite is the plyometrics... Oh my gosh...that's crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness