Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 09:47 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyCar7 View Post
I don't usually eat prior to workouts that could be part of the reason. What do you suggest for a light meal? Most of my workouts aren't cardio intensive.
Eating a light meal prior to workouts is crucial. Since most of your workouts aren't cardio intensive, then you can cook a couple turkey sausages and a little scrambled eggs for your protein. That'll give you the fuel for workouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 11:37 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
Eating a light meal prior to workouts is crucial. Since most of your workouts aren't cardio intensive, then you can cook a couple turkey sausages and a little scrambled eggs for your protein. That'll give you the fuel for workouts.
I think the OP needs to eat before workouts and swap out cardio and weights. He isn’t doing much to help his cardiovascular fitness with his current regimen. Even though it sucks, it is important. Now is not the best time of year, but once it gets warmer, there are lots of more fun outdoor activities you can do (unless you are in Florida or TX- then never mind) to make cardio interesting. I hate the treadmill/elliptical as much as the next person, but it is a necessary evil.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:02 PM

215 posts, read 151,550 times
I do not eat anything before I workout in the early morning. I just drink black tea and start my workout. It feels heavy if I eat something before workout

Old 02-21-2020, 10:20 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Could just be getting older and feeling the effects of dipping testosterone levels. Maybe get some blood work done. I still lift but it kicks my a*s worse than it used to when I was 18 (almost 40 now). 5 days a week would be good prescription for chronic tendinitis and overuse injury in my case. I do 3 heavy days and that's enough. Even then I have to watch it not to overdo it on the volume and totally destroy myself every time I'm there. This is a big reason why middle aged guys start dabbling in performance enhancing drugs...makes you feel invincible again. Until you quit taking them of course. Part of it is diet also. You have to eat right and enough. A week off every now and again is not a bad idea either.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:54 AM

24 posts, read 9,888 times
You should reschedule your workout plan and diet plan. A fully customized workout plan will be helpful for you, as it all depends upon your lifestyle. Rest days are necessary if you want stay fit while doing workout. A nutritional diet is necessary for healthy life. [Mod cut] . You must be fully aware of your whole weak points while exercising ,it will help you in working on those. So you will become fit and healthy.

Last edited by elnina; 04-09-2023 at 04:40 AM..

Old 05-29-2020, 06:43 AM

9,386 posts, read 8,356,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Your workouts are only for looks and muscle. They do nothing for your health if you just mainly lift. I get it, cardio sucks and you are too tired.
Spoken like someone who has never lifted a heavy weight in his/her life. Lifting heavy weights *IS* cardio intensive. Your heart rate will get you equal, if not above, to doing cardio work.

If you don't believe me, go do some heavy squats or deadlifts with 30 second rests inbetween each set. You'll come to understand the enormous benefits of lifting weights, both for muscle gain and fat loss.

Looks and muscle, lol.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:38 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,458,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As a recently retired internist I would tell you that a CBC will show if you need to go further with any anemia testing. It would be very unusual for a 28 y/o male to be iron deficient. Labs usually save a red top tube for a week if a patient might need further testing.
The doc is "in the house". Even with years of training, I can't add better insight or advice. I do advise that you go back and read and take seriously what he has to say. I hope he posts here more often.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:04 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyCar7 View Post
so I work out a lot but its mainly just heavy lifting. I am 5 foot 9 about 168 pounds. I would say I am bulky. I have a muscles but there is some fat there. Most of my lifting is compound exercises. My cardio is really bad and is something I have neglected for a while. Does getting leaner and cleaner improves energy levels? I feel just mentally and physically tired a lot and it affects my overall life i would say. I work out like 5 days a week about 1 hour per session usually. Do work outs like squats, pull ups, dumbbell presses, shoulder presses, etc...
Wow, that seems like a lot of lifting. I'm very lean and fit, but I find that my days with weights leave me fatigued in a way that nothing else does. I am not doing really heavy lifting, but it's a deep fatigue that lasts pretty much the rest of the day. A run or walk or rowing machine workout, on the other hand, leaves me energized. I'd really think about lifting 3 times per week and doing cardio in between.

Recovery days are essential. One of the great truths from my days as a serious runner was that "Americans overtrain like crazy." I had to learn that to an extent, less is more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness