Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 09:13 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paqmanbiker View Post
Do you want to be the cause of someone's death?

Do you think you have ever been the cause of someone's death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 09:29 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
He was talking about a basketball shot. The one where you make a basket from far away, as opposed to a shorter-distance field goal.
Yeah...yeah...I knew that. Yeah.

(LOL, I actually started watching basketball for the first time in my life last season.)

Old 03-24-2020, 09:32 AM

11 posts, read 10,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Do you think you have ever been the cause of someone's death?
Sure hope not, but there's no way I could know is there? I'm just saying right now we all need to do our part to stop the spread of the virus. We are all just potential carriers, moving around making contact with other potential carriers. The virus doesn't spread. We do. If we all stopped in our tracks right now and stopped moving, the virus would be dead in it's tracks.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:44 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paqmanbiker View Post
Sure hope not, but there's no way I could know is there? I'm just saying right now we all need to do our part to stop the spread of the virus. We are all just potential carriers, moving around making contact with other potential carriers. The virus doesn't spread. We do. If we all stopped in our tracks right now and stopped moving, the virus would be dead in it's tracks.

So would we. And if we simply isolated the most vulnerable then the most vulnerable would not get it. But enough of the thread jack.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:57 AM

11 posts, read 10,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
So would we. And if we simply isolated the most vulnerable then the most vulnerable would not get it. But enough of the thread jack.
Yep, obviously we can't all stop dead in our tracks. So we have to just stop as many as possible. But I agree, sorry to thread-jack. Back to peeing in the shower!

Old 03-24-2020, 10:11 AM

21,872 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The author does have a point. Saves on flushing and you are washing your dirty body so what difference does it make.

And remember, don't shoot the messenger m'kay?

https://www.sheknows.com/health-and-...-shower-today/
I have a Navy shower valve which probably saves about 100x as much water as peeing in the shower plus my toilet is a few feet away. I mean, if I wanted to save water I'd pee in the backyard. Good for the plants anyway.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:33 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,454,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
ugh... never done that before. I prefer going with the 3 pointer into the urinal.

Note: Beware of those taking a slap shot!

Old 03-24-2020, 01:23 PM

922 posts, read 791,364 times
I am a 64 year old female who has always peed in the shower. Also behind bushes, logs, big rocks and on a few occasions by the side of the road. I am in a wheelchair now, so it is hard for me to get into and use the bathrooms at rest stops while traveling, so I use a urinal next to the truck door, and also use it when fishing and there are no bathrooms available.

Some of the medicines I take make my urine very bright yellow, almost neon. A few months ago I was getting physical therapy in a pool, and had to shower before getting in the pool. Once when I was taking the shower (sitting on a shower bench inside the shower stall) I had to go. I figured it was okay because it would wash down the drain, right? Well, it didn't quite happen that way. The bright yellow stuff sort of pooled around my butt, and even though I tried to wash it away, when I stood up off the bench (after turning off the water) there was still some "evidence" on the bench. The therapist didn't say anything, but she had to have seen it. It looked like someone poured orange soda all over it.

I only pee in my own shower now...

Old 03-24-2020, 01:47 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I am a 64 year old female who has always peed in the shower. Also behind bushes, logs, big rocks and on a few occasions by the side of the road. I am in a wheelchair now, so it is hard for me to get into and use the bathrooms at rest stops while traveling, so I use a urinal next to the truck door, and also use it when fishing and there are no bathrooms available.

Some of the medicines I take make my urine very bright yellow, almost neon. A few months ago I was getting physical therapy in a pool, and had to shower before getting in the pool. Once when I was taking the shower (sitting on a shower bench inside the shower stall) I had to go. I figured it was okay because it would wash down the drain, right? Well, it didn't quite happen that way. The bright yellow stuff sort of pooled around my butt, and even though I tried to wash it away, when I stood up off the bench (after turning off the water) there was still some "evidence" on the bench. The therapist didn't say anything, but she had to have seen it. It looked like someone poured orange soda all over it.

I only pee in my own shower now...
A miracle this thread didn't dissolve into TMI before this showed up!

Old 03-24-2020, 01:49 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,454,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Since we need some humor in these troubled times, I will contribute a story that is about the general subject. At Hayward Field, on the Univ. of Oregon campus, there was once a large ticket booth along the sidewalk on 15th Ave. Behind it was a thick hedge of laurel. It was a long tradition among guys who ran on the track, to duck into the space between the two and take care of their needs. There was graffitti on the wall that said, "Don't eat yellow snow."

However, women will almost never do such a thing. Most of them demand proper and secure facilities. But one day when I went back there, there was a young woman runner at the other end, in the position and doing that. When she heard my footsteps, she realized that someone could see her and know what she was doing. She completely freaked-out, pulling up her shorts and running out the other end. She was talking to herself loudly, saying, "Oh no! Oh no! This can't be happening! Oh no!" She sprinted out the gate and down the street and I never saw her there again. She'd been coming there often for years, but I suppose that every guy she'd see there, she would have wondered if he was the one who'd seen her. The humiliation was apparently intense.

I saw her around campus once in a while, but I don't think it would have worked out very well, if I'd gone up to her and said, "It's okay, you can come back to the track again, because I'm the guy who saw you and I won't ever tell anyone." I have another story of a similar thing, that was kinda sad, that I may share some other time.

Humor for our troubled times and this topic - made me think of this classic 'symphony'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5y70nhN2pE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53C6qyvy9kI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness