Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 09:48 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

So I saw on 24hr that you can only workout for 1 hour per appt. I'm normally in there for about 2 hours everytime. I don't even know when they'll open here in Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 11:43 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,250,313 times
Went to LA Fitness here in Columbus Ohio today. Only maybe 10 people there, but this particular club is smaller. Anyway, not much is changed. Every other cardio machine has a sign saying you can’t use it. All the weight equipment is still in the same spots. Currently the water fountains are turned off, but they are getting new ones with bottle refillers. I didn’t wear a mask, as I can’t work out with a mask on. Only 1 person in there wore a mask, other than the staff. Plenty of sanitizers everywhere. I wiped down everything I used. Felt great to get in a real workout. Going back tomorrow to the other LA Fitness locations that I alternate going to.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:48 AM

I should add, all the LA Fitness locations here in Columbus Ohio now close at 8pm during the week. Not happy about that at all. Generally I prefer to go later in the evening, after the 6-8 rush. Now I won’t have a choice. Even with (I’m assuming) less people returning to the gym for now, it will still be crowded I’m guessing.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:19 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,567,170 times
Ours closed at 8 pm the first week, This week back to normal hours

Old 06-01-2020, 01:07 PM

332 posts, read 174,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Ours closed at 8 pm the first week, This week back to normal hours
yes but you just got all that equipment. Are you still also going to gym? I will put my membership on hold once gyms reopen or maybe just cancel. Hope to rejoin whenever I feel comfortable (at least 3 months after gym reopens) but enjoying working out at home too.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
yes but you just got all that equipment. Are you still also going to gym? I will put my membership on hold once gyms reopen or maybe just cancel. Hope to rejoin whenever I feel comfortable (at least 3 months after gym reopens) but enjoying working out at home too.
I’m curious, why would you feel more comfortable after 3 months? All the enhanced measures are in place. The virus isn’t going away, sadly. It’s here probably forever.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:04 PM

332 posts, read 174,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
I’m curious, why would you feel more comfortable after 3 months? All the enhanced measures are in place. The virus isn’t going away, sadly. It’s here probably forever.
I will feel more comfortable to reevaluate 3 months from the times gyms open in my area. I may or may not ever go back to the gym.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:40 PM

472 posts, read 244,298 times
My gym (Planet Fitness) opened today and it was GREAT to be back! Every other cardio machine was out of service for the social distancing thing, but that was OK. Wasn't too busy, there were a bit more people there than what I had expected. I am pretty sore after working legs and abs today. It's a good hurt though!

Old 06-01-2020, 07:46 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,567,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
I started last week going M to F about 6 pm. So far I am satisfied with the precautions the gym is taking. We have only had about 15 people at a time showing up so plenty of distance. Today a few more regulars showed up.
I will keep going and monitoring it to see if it gets too crowded or their precautions fall short. The are going to make it that everyone must pick up a bottle of disinfectant when they enter so if everyone cleans we might be OK.
I plan on keeping my home gym and we don't know if the gym will stay open. It wouldn't surprise me to see thing get shut down again and I don't want to get caught without a workout option.
All I need now is to get my 4 inch pulleys from China and I will weld some pulley assemblies to do crossover flys, curls, and seated rows.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:09 PM

652 posts, read 521,192 times
It looks like LA Fitness is about to open up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eWJOeJ87tA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness