Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 01:15 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,391,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Six packs are the muscles over your abs. You can get your abs to show with cardio or even no exercise. This girl juiced for 30 days and her abs showed but she didn't work out of course. A lot of really skinny people have abs without doing a single crunch.

Are you being serious or just trolling?

A "six pack" is slang for six of your abs, usually referred to showing definition to some degree or another. A six pack is not some separate muscle group. Many pros in the body building world are rocking an eight pack.

As stated, a six pack, as in your abs showing, is all about your diet. Some of the strongest dudes in the world have zero six pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 06:52 AM

230 posts, read 229,174 times
As the old saying goes, "Abs are made in the kitchen." Get your diet right and you can get shredded!

Old 07-04-2020, 07:31 AM

30,233 posts, read 23,670,309 times
You are 5'4" (my height) and 118 pounds. I know what that looks like on a 5'4" frame. You're already very lean. Why are you obsessing about abs/six packs? Some females will never show a six pack no matter what they do.

Being healthy is great, and I wish everyone would participate in such, but I start to get a little concerned when people who are already exercising, eating healthy, and are already lean, start insisting that they need "this one part to look like this".

At this point, what the others are saying is what you should focus on; What you're eating. You didn't really tell us what you're eating. If you're eating sugar foods, stop, unless fruit, but don't overdo it on the fruit, either. I see a lot of big people do "juicing" (YouTube videos), where they eat a ton of fruit all day long (in their "juice") - not just one glass of it, but 4-5 times a day, and a year later, they're still huge.

I'd stay away from white flour and sugar, and eat a very healthy and very balanced diet. I'm not saying that this is you, but I have seen a lot of people cause more problems for themselves because they don't actually know what a balanced diet is, and rely on supplements and shakes, instead. No packaged food, you don't need it.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:06 AM

6,437 posts, read 3,932,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

Are you being serious or just trolling?

A "six pack" is slang for six of your abs, usually referred to showing definition to some degree or another. A six pack is not some separate muscle group. Many pros in the body building world are rocking an eight pack.

As stated, a six pack, as in your abs showing, is all about your diet. Some of the strongest dudes in the world have zero six pack.
I assume OP has been reading things that use descriptions like "the six-pack are the rectus abdominus, which is a sheet of muscles over the abdominal wall..." and getting a bit confused about what that means.

OP, the rectus abdominus is *one* part of a whole complement of abdominal muscles, all of which are necessary to your strength and functional movement. You can read about your abdominal muscles here (including a video): https://www.physio-pedia.com/Abdominal_Muscle_Anatomy or there is also a good quick visual here: https://www.verywellfit.com/abdomina...natomy-3120072

But if you think you're going to build one specific part of your abs and ignore the others (and if you think those other muscles don't have importance)... it's probably both unwise and a bit difficult to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness