Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 09:18 AM

2,103 posts, read 1,931,461 times

Advertisements

I don't know the age group of the OP but as an older person, I would not want to use a kick scooter as a form of exercise.

Kick scooters lead the toy-injury pack for children. For adults, the injuries can be life threatening!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tudy/19550159/

Quote:
Those "kick" scooters appear largely responsible for a 40% increase in injury rates between 1990 and 2011, according to the study published Monday in Clinical Pediatrics.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6196953/

Quote:
The incidence of push scooter-related injuries in adults in our patient population is small but rising. Nevertheless, the resulting injuries are potentially life-threatening and can lead to persistent medical impairment.
For indoor exercise in the winter, I mount my bike on a Kinetic bike trainer stand

https://www.kurtkinetic.com/trainers...BoCJtMQAvD_BwE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 09:27 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
https://www.kickbikeus.com/product/fat-max/

I'm getting tempted to get one. What do you think?
I've had one of the Kickbike Race Max 20 scooters for about a year now. It is definitely a hoot and you do get a good workout. As mentioned, not as fast as a bicycle, but faster than walking. In Europe, they have organized races with the Race Max 20 and its larger rear wheeled, Race Max 28. Not inexpensive. I use it mostly for "running" down to the clubhouse here in my 55+ community.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 09-22-2020, 11:08 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I've had one of the Kickbike Race Max 20 scooters for about a year now. It is definitely a hoot and you do get a good workout. As mentioned, not as fast as a bicycle, but faster than walking. In Europe, they have organized races with the Race Max 20 and its larger rear wheeled, Race Max 28. Not inexpensive. I use it mostly for "running" down to the clubhouse here in my 55+ community.
I like the idea of getting one with big wheels some day. It would probably be pretty fast.

The advantage of my tiny one is I can bring it into stores, and it takes up very little space at home. It would also be easy to put in my car.

Ideally, it would be nice to have more than one, for different purposes.

Also, you can't get a flat tire with these tiny wheels, since they are solid with no air. I used to hate putting air in my bicycle tires, and also the chance of getting a flat.

But of course, little wheels have disadvantages also.

Old 09-22-2020, 11:38 PM

20,620 posts, read 4,409,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
You've never seen me on a scooter. I was with the bicycles or lapping them.

Is it me, or does that scooter kinda look like a old motorcycle that has been in a chop shop.

I'm interested in the more portable models, possibly foldable.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:50 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
You've never seen me on a scooter. I was with the bicycles or lapping them.

Is it me, or does that scooter kinda look like a old motorcycle that has been in a chop shop.

I'm interested in the more portable models, possibly foldable.
Mine is foldable, but I never need to fold it because it fits anywhere unfolded. It is very light. But it really is surprising how fast you can get going, as long as the wind is not against you and you aren't going uphill. You can push as hard as you want, and as often as you want. That is why there is no limit to the cardio. I often feel my heartbeat many hours after. I never got that from bicycling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness