Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 09:39 PM

250 posts, read 147,984 times

Advertisements

Not every time, but many times that I did not want to workout and I made myself "just do it" anyway, they turned out to be among the best workouts ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 08:43 AM

520 posts, read 3,919,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
This thread jinxed me. It’s your fault, OP

I haven’t worked out in two days. Probably going on three if I don’t get off my arse.
Just do what I did then,

plop in bed
turn on TV
get some peanut clusters
munch
munch
munch
rinse and repeat!

yeah agree with others who have commented on working or "forcing" yourself to work out when
you just aren't feeling it and how those workouts really were great.

when i "force" or convince myself to workout, those first 3-5 minutes i'm hating but when it's all said
and done, i feel great and i'm glad that I ended up working out after all.

though on the flip side i have had workouts (not much) where i wasn't feeling it and just went through the motions and the workouts were a waste of time.
luckily they don't happen that often.

Old 10-10-2020, 09:41 AM

11 posts, read 7,845 times
I think it's fine to take a day off here and there if you're not feeling it. I know the times I don't feel like working out, it's usually the trip to the gym in the car that makes it rough for some reason. Once I'm there, it's not as much of a hurdle. Nothing wrong with a cheat day or unplanned day off though. Enjoy your friday! Edit: (sorry it's saturday so enjoy your saturday)

Last edited by Walejo; 10-10-2020 at 09:51 AM..

Old 10-11-2020, 08:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,961 times
Just can't bring myself to do it today? Yeah, frequently. But I am over 70, can and do hold a heart rate over 150, and climb 800 foot hills in 33 minutes. So don't worry about it. Just get out there and do it frequently.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:39 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
Just do what I did then,

plop in bed
turn on TV
get some peanut clusters
munch
munch
munch
rinse and repeat!

yeah agree with others who have commented on working or "forcing" yourself to work out when
you just aren't feeling it and how those workouts really were great.

when i "force" or convince myself to workout, those first 3-5 minutes i'm hating but when it's all said
and done, i feel great and i'm glad that I ended up working out after all.

though on the flip side i have had workouts (not much) where i wasn't feeling it and just went through the motions and the workouts were a waste of time.
luckily they don't happen that often.
I like that idea. Although, I would replace the peanut clusters with a bag of orange slices candy

I agree. I’ve had both where if I push through the workouts, I either feel great or nothing at all. I think I get more benefits when I start up again after taking my lazy day(days in this case). I’ll do longer and varied workouts. Afterwards, my muscles will have that relaxed but worked out feeling, mentally I’m more alert and I have more energy. Just an overall good feeling.

But I would still rather limit the lazy days. Too many of them can do more harm than good. 1 to 2 days a week is plenty enough.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:56 AM

43 posts, read 34,555 times
Don't call yourself lazy just because you need to rest. You also have to review your training, maybe it's too intense. I usually have 3 workout in a week and that's enough. It's also normal to feel depressedd by the weather or stress or something else.
I have days when I am tired for no excuse and I just want to lay down with my cat (and I always do it).
Don't overdo yourself! You are doing great!

Old 10-15-2020, 12:21 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Most of the time, I’m always up for a workout. But sometimes, I’m just not feeling it. I always force myself in those instances where I don’t want to to do it, and guess what? Midway through the workout, I get into it and enjoy it, every single time! Post workout, I’m loving myself because I persevered and overcame.

So always, always, at least start your workout. Just tell yourself that you’ll do 25% or half only since you aren’t into it. You’ll be shocked at how you finish most every time and feel amazing after.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:05 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
I don’t feel good today. I’m very depressed and lacking hope & confidence. I really need a good sleep after working 59 hours last week and so far completing 44 hours this week. I still see no end result to the field issues I’m seeing . I just don’t have the energy to work out. I went for a walk, and that’s about it.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:43 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
I think the best general advice for this situation is; Don't sweat it the first day, just take a walk a listen to some music or something.
However if it continues another day then at least force yourself to a light workout, maybe watch some motivational videos or something to get you going.

Old 10-24-2020, 10:39 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times
Quote:
Ever just feel like NOT working out?
Sure.....Today was one of those days for me...I was wide awake at 1 AM, for about an hr. started playing music with my earpods and fell back asleep finally, I woke up all rested around 6:10 AM and I called off my excercise routines for the Day.

It's been just a peachy Saturday morning !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness