Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 09:58 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I assume people are looking for the type of person who finds their choices attractive. That’s not me. I see a girl wearing a skimpy outfit, my opinion is she’s not the type of girl I respect. She is free to do whatever she wants, it’s a free country, and by all means she should! Nobody should care what other people think as long as they’re happy. But that’s one type of guy who loves that look. I’m the type of guy who knows I don’t want my girlfriend or wife parading around wearing nothing, so I chose a classy girl who’s beautiful but doesn’t wear that type of attire. That type of girl likes a guy like me. The type of girl who wears provocative clothing to the gym doesn’t care what I think, and she shouldn’t, she’s most likely into dancing, clubbing, and a bunch of other stuff I hate so in a way it’s perfect - she’s signaling the type of guy she wants, evidently, and letting guys like me know she’s not what I want! Lol
You sound old.
Lots of in shape women like to wear what shows off their figure. They are not tramps or sluts and can have just as much class as a woman who conceals everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 10:40 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Well, while we're at it, critiquing women's choices of gym clothes, what's the difference between wearing a "skimpy" outfit (apparently defined by the presence of a sports bra), vs. some of those spandex leggings + bodysuit combo outfits? How are we defining "skimpy"? One can be completely covered, and still, somehow, manage to appear "scantily clad".

I've always worn shorts and a t-shirit, or loose jeans in winter, to the gym. I don't see the point in spending money on special outfits.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:46 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
loose jeans

Old 11-18-2020, 11:29 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You sound old.
Lots of in shape women like to wear what shows off their figure. They are not tramps or sluts and can have just as much class as a woman who conceals everything.
This. I worked with one Chinese woman who wore skimpy clothing to work because she could get away with it living in the US. Despite her wardrobe, she was one of the smartest people working in the office and came in at all hours to do her work because the national systems worked faster overnight. I thought her wardrobe was over the top, but I would not have considered her to be a ****. She was in her 40s at the time, quite fit. I think if she had been less competent, she couldn’t have gotten away with it.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:57 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Dressing provocatively? Or do they just want to work out

It seems these days there will always be one, two, or three young women wearing tight yoga pants or yoga shorts and a sports bra essentially leaving 90% of their skin showing. But the older women late 20s and up seem to dress more conservatively...even if wearing yoga pants

Just wondering if this is for attention or what?

Thoughts

What kind of sports bra leaves 90% of their skin showing?

It may be shocking, but people tend to wear what's comfortable in the gym. I wear leggings at the gym because - wait for it - they're more comfortable. I'm not trying to "show off" and couldn't care less what people think of what I look like because I'm working out for me, not them. Leggings and yoga pants allow me to move without restriction, but also don't bunch up or rub in ways that are going to make me chaff. Shorts wouldn't protect enough for me, but if you are thinner, shorts make sense to stay cool. Look at Olympic runners - they wear very little on bottom because it helps with their movement. I wear tshirts because I'm not comfortable with my midsection, but if I was, I wouldn't hesitate to wear only a sports bra. Sports bras cover more than most regular bras or bikinis do, and they avoid sweat pooling on the cloth that touches your lower back. Even with wicking fabric, that gets gross in warmer gyms.

If you're at the gym, worry about yourself.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:24 PM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
I wear a sports bra but I wear another shirt over it.
I also wear gym shorts with liners and in the winter sweats with the elastic around the ankle.

I like to feel comfortable but not to the point where I feel like I'm on display.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:26 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
women have free will to decide how they want to dress. They are adults making choices. What's your problem with that? If they want to show some skin, that's their business.

Stop policing the female body!
thank you!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Can't you use things like mens/boys sweats and shorts and t shirts? We have some women wearing baggy sweats or shorts over tights and layer of shirts.
Yes some women could wear men's clothing, but why would they? They're WOMEN not men! Depending on where they shop sweats aren't sold there. Shorts aren't sold year round everywhere.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
In the winter I wear sweats with the elastic at the bottom of the leg.
In the summer I wear running shorts with liner.

I do wear a sports bra underneath a tank or t-shirt or sweatshirt

It's not hard to find loose fitting, comfortable work out clothes.
It's more that they aren't advertised as much.
Depends where you shop. I haven't seen sweats for women in years!

Old 11-18-2020, 04:45 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Yeah, ya know, instead of skin-tight jeans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness