Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 05:35 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,348,949 times

Advertisements

Is this serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2023, 10:37 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,565,658 times
The Epoch Times had an article this week about the benefits of creatine not just for muscles but for increasing mental acuity in older people. Cited scientific research.

Old 11-11-2023, 01:20 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,652,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
I was busy running lots of errands. I didn't eat and workout like I usually do. Thus, without eating and working out I saw no reason to drink lots of water. So at the end of the day I drank my whey protein/creatine combo and went to sleep. I woke up this morning to pee and my urine was unusually dark. I immediately realized I barely drank water yesterday. Will this hurt my kidneys? Should I see a doctor today? Maybe they can take tests and see if there's any changes to my kidneys? I'm drinking a lot of water now.
I've been taking creatine on and off since 1995. I never worried about drinking a lot of water. I was taking 5 grams/day earlier this year and had high lab results for urea nitrogen and creatinine. My primary care physician wanted to refer me to a nephrologist. I had to convince her it was because of the creatine. I told her I would stop the creatine for a month and get new lab tests. They were back to normal a month later.

Old 11-15-2023, 07:12 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,493,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I've been taking creatine on and off since 1995. I never worried about drinking a lot of water. I was taking 5 grams/day earlier this year and had high lab results for urea nitrogen and creatinine. My primary care physician wanted to refer me to a nephrologist. I had to convince her it was because of the creatine. I told her I would stop the creatine for a month and get new lab tests. They were back to normal a month later.
I take between 5-10g a day (10 on days I workout, 5 on off). It's almost certainly not required, but I feel better erroring on the side of too much vs too little.

I never had elevated creatinine scores, though I drink plenty of water, so my urine is always just slightly off clear.

Old 11-17-2023, 05:13 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,565,658 times
This thread got me to start taking daily creatine. 2 t. a day in water, no specific time. I have noticed that I don't have DOMs like I used to. Haven't noticed my memory improving yet, though.

Old 11-17-2023, 08:28 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,652,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
I take between 5-10g a day (10 on days I workout, 5 on off). It's almost certainly not required, but I feel better erroring on the side of too much vs too little.

I never had elevated creatinine scores, though I drink plenty of water, so my urine is always just slightly off clear.
I looked at my creatinine values dating back to 2011. I never had a high value until 10/2021. My lab results have a normal range threshold of 1.4 mg/dL. I exceeded this value three times over the next 7 months when I was taking creatine daily. This is when I told my PCP I would stop taking it for a month and get new lab tests. After a month of no creatine, my lab value dropped to 1.27 mg/dL.

This could also be related to my age and a decline in my kidney function. I'm currently 68.

Old 11-30-2023, 12:48 PM

5 posts, read 3,519 times
I am not a doctor, but dark urine can be a sign of dehydration. Increase water intake. If concerns persist, consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice and potential tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness