Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 11:45 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome in my late 20s. I was a good 50 pounds overweight at the time. Doctors said I needed a better diet and to lose weight to lessen the symptoms. Worked up slowly from some yoga to bootcamp to couch to 5k to a half to a triathlon (no Full Irons or even half irons in my future),other gym classes (primarily Body Pump) and Camp Gladiator. Finished up my second full marathon in February. I'm not super fast but I get it done. Training for a type of cross fit games called CG Games this July. Oh, and I've kicked the exercise induced asthma. When I told my most recent doctor about the PCOS they were shocked that I had it because now I'm not your typical person with it due to my activity level.
Loved this one. Way to go ashbeeigh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 02:34 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Had a pretty bad ankle sprain thats been keeping off my feet for the past month. Havent been keeping up with my workouts and have been cheating a bit on my meals. Its now back to the regular routine especially because I can now barely touch my toes while keeping my legs straight and this is not good.

Ten reasons why I workout/lead a healthy lifestyle:

1. I workout because I enjoy it.
2. The more I workout, it makes for better sex. I mean, much MUCH better sex.
3. I workout because I want to be around to see grandchildren someday and also want to see 100.
4. I workout because I teach the martial arts and must maintain my skill level always.
5. I workout and lead a healthy lifestyle because it sets a good example for the soon-to-be 13 year old.
6. I workout because I believe my body is my temple and my vehicle. Its the only one I have so I MUST take care of it.
7. I workout because I believe that it prevents me from getting sick. Daily taiji and qigong practice is the cause of my not getting sick in YEARS.
8. I workout because I know I look darn good in designer clothes.
9. I workout because I know I look darn good in no clothes.
10. I lead a healthy lifestyle because my wife challenges me daily to do so.
my primary motivation is appearance. i want to look like an in shape person. i feel like when people are overweight or look like they put no effort in themselves it is a statement about how much you care about yourself.

my next motivation is health. i want to live as long as possible in as good condition as possible.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:30 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
To stay strong and not develop age related illnesses like most members of my family have. I go to the gym 2-3 days a week for cardio and weights plus I do some heavy duty gardening.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:40 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Had a pretty bad ankle sprain thats been keeping off my feet for the past month. Havent been keeping up with my workouts and have been cheating a bit on my meals. Its now back to the regular routine especially because I can now barely touch my toes while keeping my legs straight and this is not good.

Ten reasons why I workout/lead a healthy lifestyle:

1. I workout because I enjoy it.
2. The more I workout, it makes for better sex. I mean, much MUCH better sex.
3. I workout because I want to be around to see grandchildren someday and also want to see 100.
4. I workout because I teach the martial arts and must maintain my skill level always.
5. I workout and lead a healthy lifestyle because it sets a good example for the soon-to-be 13 year old.
6. I workout because I believe my body is my temple and my vehicle. Its the only one I have so I MUST take care of it.
7. I workout because I believe that it prevents me from getting sick. Daily taiji and qigong practice is the cause of my not getting sick in YEARS.
8. I workout because I know I look darn good in designer clothes.
9. I workout because I know I look darn good in no clothes.
10. I lead a healthy lifestyle because my wife challenges me daily to do so.
I workout for:

Physical and mental health

To have a better quality of life

Avoid health ailments as I age, avoid disease.

Look better

Attract more women

Hope to live longer

Old 06-04-2019, 04:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Overall health, appearance, stamina, and I enjoy it, in that order.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-05-2019, 04:13 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Beastmoding.
Moving big weights and feeling powerful for a little while

Also aesthetics, health and all that.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:23 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Please tell me I have inoperable brain-cancer(not making light of this condition), I will eat myself to 800-pounds before I croak.

I mean, I try my best to eat what is healthy for me, so that I can function halfway decently, hopefully up to the time I am planted. Plus, pain, I am in a ton of pain if I eat badly and forgo those foods that significantly reduce inflammation.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:09 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Overall health, appearance, stamina, and I enjoy it, in that order.
yes, and mental health seems to be better for me afterwards (serotonin release/endorphins).

Old 06-12-2019, 05:51 PM

249 posts, read 195,945 times
Helps prevent my MIGRAINES!

Old 06-15-2019, 10:24 AM

7 posts, read 3,495 times
I work out because I want to live as pain free as possible (dealing with osteoarthritis) and spend my senior years living instead of just existing.
Seeing the elderly spend so much of their precious time going back and forth from clinics and hospitals and pharmacies, etc. is depressing to witness and so much of that is preventable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness