Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 PM

665 posts, read 1,723,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razwellllll View Post
Fitness and health are TWO DIFFERENT things

One can be VERY FIT but diseased

One can be VERY UNFIT but healthy

Look at elite athletes who have underlying CHD.

THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE EXERCISE CAN EXTEND YOUR LIFE

There is some small evidence it can make you OK until you go and get the most out of your potential .

you are completely wrong........... back to school for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 PM

665 posts, read 1,723,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
women

honesty is great

Old 03-19-2011, 11:28 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,469,295 times
I'm at the age where natural strength has decreased.

Gives me something to do while I figure out what to do with my life.

I could have a really great/sexy body if I wanted to. I am considering taking on this goal.

I had a mountain climbing accident that damaged a leg (shattered tibia) and made it a little shorter. Working out equalizes my leg strength.

I occasionally consider finding a partner. My options are multitudes better if I work out.

Feel better/look better/be better.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,708,220 times
1.The amazing feeling I get from loving myself enough to take care of my body.

2.Better numbers at the doctor's office:
weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate, glucose, heart & liver function.

3. The way I look in jeans and a t-shirt....or a little black (or red!)dress,for that matter!

4. It's fun being mistaken for 10 to 15 years younger than I am.

5. Putting in my strongest bid to make it to my 100th birthday.

6. My children's admiration and respect that I set a good example for them.

7. Male attention & admiration (seriously, this ROCKS.)

8. Blood sugar problems--demolished

9. Improved quality of sleep

10. I exercise in the morning. I love the rush.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,618,281 times
It's simply therapeutic for me in every way. It helps me physically and mentally. It makes me feel motivated and better about myself, about life. I can drink my wine, my alcohol and even my occasional recreational use of drugs (sue me) but nothing feels as good as being out of breath, and feeling sore after a workout knowing I did something positive and improving my health. When I workout, I feel all the negative just leave my body and all the positivity come in.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,109,390 times
Personaly I really don´t care so much about my health or fitness or looks, I like to run, rockclimb, surf, windsurf, sail, bike, hike and in winter maybe I will go to the gym and move some weights around.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,187,654 times
Get me going in the morning. Plus the attention and compliments I get from both sexes makes it all worth it..

Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM

842 posts, read 1,141,613 times
Because I'm a natural endomorph despite of eating mostly healthy (probably due to my sweet tooth and high cortisol level). I've gotten back to my workout habit lately because I would receive compliments attached with something along the line of "...if she wasn't so chubby/chunky".

Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,948,374 times
I am addicted to the high that I get from working out.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,195,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
It's simply therapeutic for me in every way. It helps me physically and mentally. It makes me feel motivated and better about myself, about life. I can drink my wine, my alcohol and even my occasional recreational use of drugs (sue me) but nothing feels as good as being out of breath, and feeling sore after a workout knowing I did something positive and improving my health. When I workout, I feel all the negative just leave my body and all the positivity come in.
hell yeah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness