Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,070 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any advice on tennis shoes that fit small feet (size 5) right? The last pair of actual TS I had that were good was twenty years ago. My husband (Back when we were dating) bought me a pair of Air Pegasus by Nike. Since then, the design has changed and they don't fit right anymore. I've been through countless shoes with little relief from getting blisters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I thank you, and my feet thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 12:42 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Your shoes may not be the problem. What kind of socks are you wearing? Make sure they fit right, they're not bunched up, and they're the wicking kind with CoolMax or silk or wool. Or all three!

Many people find the thinner the sock, the less likely their feet will blister. But the thickness of your sock is a personal preference.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:11 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Go to a Road Runner Sports store if there any located near you. They take several measurments of your feet and recommend what types of shoes would be best for you based on what you do (run, jog, hike, x-train, etc.). They are great.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Try Ryka tennis shoes. They have the best fit for women that I've seen.
As far as socks are concerned; wear a pair of real thin cotton socks and then a thicker pair of cotton socks on top of that. No more blisters.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Go to a store where they actually measure your feet to help pick out your shoes.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 PM

910 posts, read 2,984,630 times
ya i would definantly go to a shoe store for a measurement, and most likely they should find the right shoe for you if you tell them the right details. ive got a size 13 and i go with nike and addidas footware, for both socks and shoes. those footware products have fit me well with no blisters or rashes for 4 years... different pairs of shoes though course, HA!!

Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM

938 posts, read 3,506,460 times
I've had to deal with it from a different angle...I have to wear orthotic inserts so I can run without spraining a ligament in one of my feet, however they gave me BAD blisters at first. Best was I found to deal with them was to buy some. Band Aid blister patches. You can find them at Walgreens, Target, wherever, but they are basically adhesive clear plastic patches that you cover the blister with. One lasted about 2 days for me. Once they had healed, I bought some blister prevention stuff from Band Aid again, which looked basically like a mini-stick of deodoratnt (label indicated that it was basically vegetable shortening with a fragrance added!). I still use this stuff before going for a long run and put it on problem spots, where I tend to get blisters. Since then I've grown callouses around wher my orthotics meet my feet, and haven't gotten any blisters.

And yes...two pairs of socks really helps! For hiking I wear a thin inner pair of socks (cheap Wal-Mart dress socks) and a normal pair on top, and have yet to get a blister from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness